Getting Enough Protein...

Ellie2
on 10/25/12 4:14 am
 Just wondering if people can post some foods / sample meals (e.g., breakfast, lunch, dinner) that you enjoy / tolerate in order to get in all your protein for the day.  I am only a couple of weeks out and want to start thinking of things / planning.  Your suggestions are welcome!  I need the advice!  Thanks!
2mar
on 10/25/12 4:28 am
RNY on 09/20/12
I already used the WLS cookbook a lot - and I do find the recipes easy and handy (since you right away have all the info) - especially for the beginning - I am also a newby - now 5 weeks out. I used the salmon - meat balls - meat loaf - hummus -/  all very easy to freeze in ready portions ( Use ice cube trays ) .  I also freeze my veggies and sweet potato. And for a treat I made greek yoghourt with cristal light flavor and artificial sweetners - and also did freeze them. 
Monica M.
on 10/25/12 4:30 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
check the "what are you doing/eating today" thread, that will give you some good tips and pointers and suggestions and stuff.

dna
on 10/25/12 4:41 am - Canada
If you need the .pdf for the WLS cookbook for dummies...I have it and will email it to you.

Just PM me your email :) 

It has great suggestions !

THat early out I survived on protein shakes, porridge with protein powder in it, greek yogurt with protein powder in it etc

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

shrinkingeve
on 10/25/12 4:49 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 This is a huge fear with me as well I sent a message to you asking that you send me the file. I hope you do not mind.  Also asked and if you could tell me which protein powder you used and where to get thanks so much.

Evie

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 5:43 am - Straford, Canada
 I buy from GNC a powder called Promasil, vanilla soft serve and chocolate.  It dissolves very well and tastes good.  If you don't agree, nice thing about GNC is they'll take it back.  

I use the vanilla powder in a home made smoothie, 1/2 cup 0%plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1/2 banana or 1/2 cup berries of your choice, one scoop powder, blend and enjoy.  You get protein from powder, soy milk and Greek yogurt.  

I use the chocolate in 3/4 cup water or soy milk with about 8 ice cubes and blend until smoothie texture.  Enjoy!  Quick, cheap, no fuss, no muss!

I recommend you get used to documenting your food in a plan on myfitnesspal.com or fitbit.com or wherever you find best.  I use myfitnesspal.com cause it lets my smart phone scan bar codes of foods and records nutrient list per serving automatically!  If you plan a few days in advance eating with a plan is much easier than not.  And like Mon said, everyday there's a post here about what people are eating/doing to give ideas.  Enjoy your ride!    I hope that helps a little!

shrinkingeve
on 10/25/12 6:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12
 I know it helped me thanks so much!

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/12 7:34 am - Straford, Canada
I love your name!  It was my favorite Aunt's name and of course Wall E is in my top five animated movies of all time!  Now I can say EVIE and you can answer back WallE?  No huh!  Oh well.  Glad I helped.  
brenda65
on 10/25/12 6:53 am - Ottawa, Canada
hi i cant message you. guess because we are not friends,i would love that book please

[email protected]
January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery