I am available for online support in the Guelph Area

debbisaul
on 10/25/12 4:49 am - Guelph, Canada
 www.facebook.com/MyJourneywithGastricBypassSurgery
Here I am posting about the ups and dones in my journey with WLS.
My husband and I are willing to help through email what it is/was like for us as a couple during the entire process. We can be emailed at the following:
[email protected] and [email protected] or just follow and post through the facebook page listed above.
I have just completed my 1 year post surgery follow up and everything is still heading in the right direction. I was told that there was a post earlier about support for the Guelph Ontario area and I am living in Guelph, had the surgery done there and all subsequent aftercare at the Guelph Bariatric Clinic.
CraigMacgregor
on 10/25/12 6:28 am
Marvelous, I am going to Nut, SW and nurse appt on nov 6 in Guelph.  Thanks, I will probably pick your brain.  I've been researching and attempting to complete everything required to make everything go smoothly and efficiently as possible.  How long did the process take you?
Thanks again,

Referral June 13 2012,     Meeting Dr Reed Sept 10/ 2012,    Orientation 9/20/12                            Nurse, SW Nut visit Nov 10/6/12    Post op class 1/22 /13   Surgeon appointment April 9/13  Surgery May30/2013

debbisaul
on 10/25/12 10:18 pm - Guelph, Canada

HI there, glad to help you out. From start to finish my process took approximately one year. First there was the SW, Nut and Nurse, then Nurse and Nut, and once more with them, then meet the surgeon, then the post op NUT classes. 

This seems to be about the normal length of time as in that time period there are also other tests that are required. Upper GI, blood work, ulcer gene screening and sleep clinics.

The clinic wants you to be as healthy as possible before the surgery as the pre-surgery diet and post surgery liquid and soft diets will take a lot out of you. 

Let me know if I can help you with anything else, feel free to contact/post for any reason.

Good Luck with your first set of appointments.

www.facebook.com/MyJourneywithGastricBypassSurgery 
RNY     1 Year Post Op        Surpassed Clinics Weight Loss Goal
Diabetes in Remission

Most Active
Recent Topics