Pregnancy after Gastric Bypass

kelkie11
on 10/26/12 5:36 am - Canada
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if you have had a baby after Gastric if you could share your storeis with me. I am looking to get pregnant in the next year. I am 2 years out in February. Did u gain weight back? were u able to lose the weight? How was your pregnancy? etc.

Thanks a bunch

HW 276 SW 265  CW 164.8
June 1, 2010 referral sent to St Joe's Hamilton
August 9th, 2010 Orientation
October 27th, 2010 - Meeting with Nurse,Dietician, Social Worker, ECG (no sleep study required)
November 3rd, 2010- Ultrasound
November 18, 2010- Meeting with the Internist
December 14th- Meet the surgeon
December 23rd- Education Class
January 14th- Scope - was supposed to be Dec 17th but got changed.   : (
SURGERY DATE- FEBRUARY 26 2011

ShallowGirl
on 10/26/12 6:13 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I would look for this on the wider forum as there will be more stories to be heard.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Tabetha A.
on 10/26/12 6:17 am - Ajax, Canada

I just had my SECOND post RNY baby 25 days ago.  I had my 1st baby when I was 2 years post-op.  I gained the normal pregnancy weight (about 40 lbs) and also lost it with my first.  This time around, I gained 30lbs and not being able to exercise yet due to recovery from c-section (not WLS related), I have already lost 20 lbs of that weight.  

I had non-WLS related complications with my pregnancy.  You will find that your body adjusts to feed the proficient little amoeba growing inside you.  

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

sam1am
on 10/26/12 7:09 am

Congratulations, Tabetha!  Boy or girl this time?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tabetha A.
on 10/26/12 7:11 am - Ajax, Canada

Thanks!  Boy :)

sam1am
on 10/26/12 7:17 am

Nice!  A playmate for Alex!

Sandy                                           

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tabetha A.
on 10/26/12 7:48 am - Ajax, Canada

For sure.. Though Alex isn't too fond of him yet.. lol  But Alex now also has 3 soon-to-be step-brothers as well.

sam1am
on 10/26/12 8:49 am

He will adore him in time.  Lots of testosterone at your place!

Sandy                                           

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 9:29 am - Straford, Canada

Congrats!  This post reminds me of my wife, her mother went into her newborn's room when she wasn't hearing anything and found my wife trying to hide her baby sister (out of sight out of mind kinda thing)!  My wife (3 years older) was not wild about her younger sister arriving AT ALL!  Best buds now, but not when the baby came home!  

gardeninggal
on 10/26/12 9:20 am - Midland, Canada

Best wishes kellkie11 angry

Hope all goes well for you ...............and babies and children are such a blessing

Most Active
Recent Topics