Please advise and compairison on LeanFit Whey Protein Shake from Costco

shrinkingeve
on 11/4/12 9:15 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

I have a large container of protein powder I had bought for my son during football season and I was wondering how it compared and if it would be even an option for me. There is 2 kg left. I sure and would hate to waste it if it is viable after the RNY.  I am wondering if anyone had tried this particular and or how it compares to what other had successfully used or are using as far as stats go. Thanks so much ten days to go and trying to get this all sorted :)

It is "LeanFit Whey Protein Shake"

It just says whey not isolate so Im not sure but the basic stats are  1 scoop provides:

Cals:120

Fat:2g

Carbs:2g (1 is sugars)

Protein:25g

Fat:2g

Thank you so much I know this topic has likely been beaten to death and asked a million times I am just so overwhelmed about it. 

Evie

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

Feel free to contact me for details or add me on facebook: "Evie Katt"

kellybelly333
on 11/4/12 9:30 pm - Toronto, Canada

I use it in my coffee. I make protein coffee with it. :-) I love it.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 9:50 pm - Straford, Canada

I know you've answered this before Kelly, but how do you make your protein coffee? Thanks.

shrinkingeve
on 11/4/12 9:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

Do you just mix a scoop in with a cup of coffee?

I run  The O.W.L.S. (Ottawa Weight Loss Surgery) Closet. We are a local clothing exchange and social group stemmed off of a couple of the local support boards on Facebook and also OH members for those having had or going to have WLSWe meet monthly for a large clothing exchange and potluck in the East end of Ottawa.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 9:59 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
I'm pretty sure it was Kelly that shared this 'recipe' from another poster with me.

Protein coffee
Home version:
- Pour ~ 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk into a LARGE coffee cup.
- Nuke for 20 seconds, or until just luke warm, not hot.
- Add protein powder and stir with a for****il blended. Let sit for ~ 5 minutes (this seems to help with the dissolving)
- Add hot coffee or chai tea to this mixture and stir well.
- Enjoy

Work version:
- Pour ~1/3 to 1/2 cup milk into Contigo travel mug
- Add 1 scoop protein powder
- Stir with fork (this helps keep protein chunks from getting all jammed in the lid because they are a pain in the ass to get out)
- Take to work (or just let it sit for 5 minutes and move to next step)
- Add hot coffee or chai tea to 1/2 inch from the top.
- Put on lid and shake well
- Put napkin over mouth hole and open pointing away release pressure
kellybelly333
on 11/4/12 11:06 pm - Toronto, Canada

Yep, that's the one. I use the Contingo mug at home now too. I haven't tried it with Chai tea yet.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

shrinkingeve
on 11/4/12 11:14 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

Thank you what is a Contingo mug and where do I get one if I need one?

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/12 10:29 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Join the Contigo cult! Our beverages stay hot and don't leak out of our mugs

http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-stainless-steel-travel-mug.html

They sell them at Costco. 2 for $19.99.

shrinkingeve
on 11/4/12 11:16 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 11/15/12

I REALLY need to find a decaf that I like....being from Seattle I love my coffee!

niceeyes72
on 11/4/12 11:45 pm - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

Hi Evie,

I use the LeanFit chocolate powder and LOVE it!!!

I mix mine with 1/4c. milk and then 3/4c. water. Yum! :)

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics