Stomach/abdominal pain.... UPDATE!!!

Natalie B.
on 11/10/12 3:56 am - Markham, Canada

SO I posted about my pain last Wednesday and ended up in emergency for the 4th time .... I decided to go to Humber River because I had a scheduled CATS scan for Thursday afternoon ... Thank God that I did ... the doctor on call for emergency called the bariatric surgeon on call, who came and saw me right away....GOD BLESS DR. HAGAN!!!! He took one look at me and said "cancel the CATS scan ...please admit her and prep her for surgery".  To make a long story short I had surgery Thursday night. DR. STARR  and his team worked wonders and put me back together again!!!! Apparently I had twisted intestine and an internal hernia.  Other than my incision pain my original abdominal pain is gone ....Humer River was great and the DR were outstanding ...I wish I had gone there from day one!!! Thanks for the support OH......  

Invinciable!!

"Nothing Happens before its time !!!"

4-Jane
on 11/10/12 4:00 am - Canada

To cool amazing the way you knew it was best to pick that hospital er and the way it proved to be your best option glad to hear you will be on the mend 

Respectfully Jane
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/12 4:01 am - Straford, Canada

Where did you go first?  Sorry, I don't recall.  Glad it worked out for you! 

Natalie B.
on 11/10/12 4:54 am - Markham, Canada

First I went to ER IN SEAFORTH ...I was visiting for the weekend ... I didn't expect them to know what to do but wanted them to check the basic stuff ...at that point I was hoping it was not related to surgery and just gas .....

When I got home ..I went to TWH because I new they had a Bariatric program and thought that this was more than just gas at this point and that I really needed help... they sent me home with laxatives and said that I was constipated.....

Monday I went to see my Dr.  who was surprised that they did not do more than an x-ray at TWH  and said this is not constipation and ordered a cats scan at Markham stouville..(..the hospital left me a voice message advising me that my appointment is for November 20th...)

Invinciable!!

"Nothing Happens before its time !!!"

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/12 10:11 am - Straford, Canada

I would like to know your symptoms and the kind of reaction you got from each place, if you have the time.  I am always interested because I don't live near a bariatric center and like to know what you were feeling and what that led to medical folks to ask/recommend so if I run into similar symptoms I won't go quietly into the night when I know I don't need a laxative!  Thanks you for your posts, so glad you got a solution (esp before the 20th)!  

2mar
on 11/10/12 4:04 am
RNY on 09/20/12
On November 10, 2012 at 11:56 AM Pacific Time, Natalie B. wrote:

SO I posted about my pain last Wednesday and ended up in emergency for the 4th time .... I decided to go to Humber River because I had a scheduled CATS scan for Thursday afternoon ... Thank God that I did ... the doctor on call for emergency called the bariatric surgeon on call, who came and saw me right away....GOD BLESS DR. HAGAN!!!! He took one look at me and said "cancel the CATS scan ...please admit her and prep her for surgery".  To make a long story short I had surgery Thursday night. DR. STARR  and his team worked wonders and put me back together again!!!! Apparently I had twisted intestine and an internal hernia.  Other than my incision pain my original abdominal pain is gone ....Humer River was great and the DR were outstanding ...I wish I had gone there from day one!!! Thanks for the support OH......  

wow - sorry it happened but just really glad that it worked out for you. Dr. Hagen is wonderful - and so reassuring! Get better soon!!!

harrisstarr1
on 11/13/12 9:54 am

Hi Natalie,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I must do better keeping in touch.  As always you are in my prayers, and I know that your recovery will be a speedy one.

Niki L.
on 11/10/12 4:15 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Glad they were able to fix you up

Karen M.
on 11/10/12 4:29 am - Mississauga, Canada

Very glad to hear you're doing well!  I love Dr. Hagen too. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

JJ_
on 11/10/12 4:32 am

Phew!  Resolution to the pain....which with a twisted intestine, it is very very serious.  Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics