Orientation on Monday

Foy
on 11/9/12 3:24 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

First time poster... but a reader for the past while now. I see some familiar faces around here.

I have my group orientation on Monday Nov. 15 at Toronto Western. Finally got my letter in the summer and everything is starting to roll with this now.

What kind of questions did you ask in your session? How prepared were you? What should I ask?

Anyone else have orientation on Monday?

Janet13
on 11/9/12 5:45 am - Toronto, Canada

Monday is the 12th, and I am TWH all day for my 2 year follow up (yes 2 months early).  Best of luck with orientation.  Maybe I will see you there.

"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

Foy
on 11/9/12 7:07 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

Yes... Monday is the 12th.. my bad. 10 am.

Nervous yet excited as I am sure many of you were at one time.

Foy
on 11/12/12 7:17 am - Canada
RNY on 08/30/13

So orientation went well. Got my next set of meeting set for March so that seems to be the timeline.

I did have a "Say what?" moment in the session.

As the social worker is doing his speech about food and diet after the surgery, a mother/daughter team whip out a bag from the fast food joint with the big M and the clown with the red hair. And started in on some burgers.... in the session. I kid you not.

Social worker pointed out it took her 38 seconds to eat that burger and he tied in nicely to the point he was talking about chewing food and not swallowing it whole. The mother/daughter team was laughing at this.

My mother came as my support person as my other half is still apprehensive and was not available. She turned to me as we left and said something to the effect that was similar of taking alcohol to an AA meeting. 

The social worker handled it well but I realized how determined I am not to screw this up like that. I can only worry about me but that just made me uncomfortable.

Most Active
Recent Topics