MEDICATION ADVICE!!!!!!!

Monica M.
on 11/29/12 12:32 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

Please, people. Do NOT come on here and ask for advice about what medication is effective for what, or if you can crush or split pills, or open capsules.

This is a place to get advice about how to cope with stuff, to get support from people, NOT to get medical advice.

jewel-twin
on 11/29/12 12:56 pm - Canada
I've always found that crushing antibiotics, mixing with protien powder and smearing on an open pusing wound to be the best way to......

Make the infection worse!

LOL!

My medical advice is the best...I should have been a dr! Just saying...

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

gardeninggal
on 11/29/12 2:03 pm - Midland, Canada

kiss....but have to agree with original post....

P_Floyd
on 11/29/12 2:27 pm - Canada

I would submit that coming on here and asking anything, opens up the opportunity to to be enlightened. The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Karen M.
on 11/29/12 6:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I agree with you. I think most times people are looking for others' experiences, not truly advice. I would hope that they ask the appropriate professional but asking for other people's experiences doesn't hurt.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 11/29/12 7:05 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i agree, somewhat, P. But these type of questions should always come after talking to your doctor or pharmacist. I'm not saying they're stupid to ask questions, just that this is NOT the place to get advice about these things.

maybe people should be saying "my doctor/pharmacist says i can do this with my pills. How do other people feel about that"

P_Floyd
on 11/29/12 10:35 pm - Canada

You have the right answer, people should get the right advice from their doctor or pharmacist. In asking here, they get the correct information which is of course, as you said in this thread, they should talk to their doctor or pharmacist. So when I say "here" I mean in a place where someone like yourself or Karen for example, can tell them who they should be posing those questions to. 

I wouldn't for a moment consider that you felt someone was stupid for asking questions. You among others here, are good folk in my book. The wealth of experience and knowledge here is a major asset to anyone considering or undergoing the process of WLS. All of you have certainly calmed the seas of my journey and shed light on some things I am just now or have yet to experience. So if no one has said it yet today, let me start by saying thank you for being the sweetheart you are. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Karen M.
on 11/29/12 10:46 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hmmm.. I disagree somewhat, Monica. Of course people ask the questions prior to asking their doctor or pharmacist - we're an instant source of feedback, unlike waiting to talk to a professional. As I said in my earlier post, I sincerely do not think that the majority of people here take the written word on an Internet forum as gospel.  I give (most) (not all) people more credit for some smarts than that.

Karen

Monica M.
on 11/30/12 12:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

I certainly hope you're right, Karen. I just know that too many people don't understand the importance of taking medication as prescribed, and checking with professionals before splitting pills, opening capsules, etc.

Karen M.
on 11/29/12 5:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

But.... but.... I play a doctor on the Internet.  NOW what am I going to do?

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics