Mental hunger???

irobot
on 11/30/12 2:23 pm - Canada

I don't think I'm hungry, I'm taking my protein shakes but boy, do I ever want to eat some things!  Pizza, chicken wings, etc have been in my head like crazy and it's turning into an obsession!  I know I can't eat this stuff, it would cause too many issues, but that doesn't stop my brain from wanting it! I am trying to keep my mind occupied, and hope these things will slowly go away......tough stuff!

Any suggestions?

JJ_
on 11/30/12 7:28 pm

Well, you are probably missing the taste of certain foods that you have previously enjoyed.  At some point you could probably have the toppings of a pizza, and maybe a chicken wing or two.  Tell yourself that you could taste it later. 

I have yet to eat pizza, but I have taken the topping off a pizza slice and ate it.  I have eaten chicken wings (I have no problem with chicken).  I am almost one year out from surgery and life is so much easier.  This way of eating is forever, not just until you lose weight.

Good luck with turning the obsession off.

Judy

ybfat
on 11/30/12 8:11 pm - Canada

go to this blog, the recipes are amazing.  Try the cauliflower crust pizza (to die for) the buffalo chicken thighs (delish) and many other amazing recipes!!!  Good luck

http://geokatgirl.wordpress.com/

Laura H.
on 11/30/12 9:08 pm - Canada

I am going through what you are going through.  A lot of head hunger.  I was told by my therapist to make a list of my victories and if necessary go over them every time I am battling head hunger.  I must replace my old way of thinking with new positive thoughts.  This is going to take some time.   LOL!

Laura H.

ShallowGirl
on 12/1/12 1:51 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

At 5 weeks your BODY is hungry but your stomach is being mute about it (silent), so it comes up as daydreams.  And the daydreams, like the sirens on the rocks, are of your favorite foods.

...iRobot, come to me, I am a pizza in a teensy weensy bikini, covered in your favorite toppings....

For others it comes up as headaches.  

Make sure you are eating your proteins and stuff, and just let it wash over you.

Later when your stomach is a bit more healed, you can try the healthy versions of favorites.  see how it goes.  I started throwing up when I went to old favorites, maybe I inhaled the first bite.  I also have developed intolerances of my old favorites (chicken, wheat) which is bizarre but helpful.  Messes with your mind "I remember liking this food, it tastes good, why am I vomiting and with a sore tummy".

The adventure continues...

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics