What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/12 8:13 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning everyone!  First time starting this thread, since Barb is away! :)

I just got home last night from five and a half days away visiting family.  It was great to visit everyone and great to get home!  Today - unpacking, and starting to move things out of the kitchen and dining room in prep for our renovations that are starting at the end of January.

Just weighed myself for the first time in 6 days on the Wii Fit.  I lost 5.1 lbs over the holidays.  I can't even believe it!  I was weighing myself at my mom and my dad's places, but I knew their scales wouldn't be accurate, and I figured I had only lost a pound or two.  I'm shocked, because my weight has actually slowed down to around 1 lb every two or three days (which isn't bad, and I'm not worried about it, just figured that was the rate from now on).  But I was doing a ton of walking and actually eating MORE calories (although still all the right things) so I guess I shook it up a bit.

My eats for today:

7.5 WEEKS POST-OP - ALMOST THE END OF THE SOFT FOOD STAGE

B - Premier Protein Shake

S - 2 tbsps of Mom's chicken spread on 4 soda crackers

L - banana, leftover turkey with a bit of gravy, a couple of red pepper spears with hummus

S - 1 glass of skim milk

D - Not sure yet - thinking about it still!

No totals since I'm not sure about dinner, but I'll make sure I have at least 60g of protein and probably much more.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Ottawa34
on 12/28/12 8:35 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Good Morning ... today is a work day for me so my food intake should be better :)

B - 1 scrambled egg with milk, cheese and diced yellow peppers.  1 slice rye bread with low fat butter

Pre work beverage - small non fat, 1/2 sweet peppermint hot chocolate fr Starbucks.

S - 2 oz of cheese with crackers.

L - Weigh****chers frozen meal (baked Ziti) - I stopped eating these for the longest time but just felt like having 1 today.

S- homemade banana chocolate chip muffin

D - Dining out tonight and feeling like steak would be good with some veggies.

All liquids and Vitamins 

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/12 8:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I hadn't thought of WW frozen meals for lunches before...that's a good idea.  I'll have to check those out...

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Onward and
Downward

on 12/28/12 8:35 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Oh, and I saw the requests for the recipe for chicken spread yesterday...I'll post it later today after I double-check it with Mom.  Of course I forgot to write it down...

And Verity, no, there are no cranberries in it, so you might be thinking of another spread. :)  Or, I don't see why you couldn't add them, or maybe a few craisins on top, although craisins would add a bit to the carbs.  Not much, though, since you'd only get maybe three or four craisins in a couple of tablespoons of it.

Aca-Verity
on 12/28/12 8:55 pm - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Good Morning! 

Thanx for starting this thread Michelle and looking forward to the "chicken spread" recipe.  I think you're right about a different recipe with the cranberries & chicken.....don't remember who posted it 'tho....ahhhh the "joys" of "Senior's memory loss"    LOL  CONGRATS on the 5.1 lbs loss....you did GOOD Girl!!  angry

B - Premier choc shake + 1 T Flaxseed

S - 1 Hard boiled egg

L - 1 c. Low Carb chicken soup w/ 30g spinach + 1/4 c. Edamame beans

D - Tuna/Cauliflower casserole + 4 spears Asparagus + 1 T Flaxseed

TOTALS:    559 CAL;    24G CARB;    22G FAT;    68G PROT;    15G FIBER

Hope Everyone has a GR8 Day!  :)  :)

Verity

starry957
on 12/28/12 10:32 pm

Verity - I always like to look at the VSG people's menus, just to see what I am in for later on....

I notice with yours that there are very little, if any, carbs?  Do you have any or do you avoid them as much as possible?  And I see alot of flaxseed...lol...sorry to butt in, just wondering if today's menu is fairly typical for you and for VSGrs or if you have some particular approaches?

Thanks so much,

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

sam1am
on 12/29/12 3:51 am

Kerry,

I find Verity has a very small menu for the stage that she is at.  As someone who had a VSG over 3 years ago, my experience was between 5-600 calories at more like 2-4 months out, maybe 6-800 at about 6 months, 800-1200 while still in the weightloss phase.  I always lost best very low carb, with about 30 g per day.  I hope this helps.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Aca-Verity
on 12/29/12 5:41 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Hi Sandy.....I know my menus seem small to a few folks but, I don't really focus on the "calorie" counts AT ALL, as much as I do on the "protein" count.  Per my NUT, 60-80g prot daily is good for me and that is what I should be focused on and, I usually am in that range or, a little more sometimes(?). 

As I have mentioned to Kerry (plz see my post below), I am not as young or active as many on here and, am just doing what works best for me.  Recently, I have been on a prescription for Lyrica, which has really "thwarted" my weight loss for this past month+..... AAARRGGHHH!!    cool  I am currently being "weaned" off this Med and am hoping to have a better weight loss for next month!!!   (You know the saying..."just when you think you have something NAILED.....you get SCREWED" ?)    Good-bye Lyrica, hopefully!

As Kelly would say.....just keep on trucking!  LOL

Verity    

sam1am
on 12/29/12 5:57 am

Verity,

Your menus always impress me with your protein count for so few calories, but I wanted to point out to Kerry that I thought your calorie count was lower than most.  I appreciate that you didn't take my comment as criticism as it was not meant that way.  It sucks that you are on a med that thwarts weight loss and hopefully it will speed back up again.

As you said, keep on trucking!  kiss

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Aca-Verity
on 12/29/12 10:25 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12

Hi again Sandy.....I was thinking about your apparent concern of "calories" vs "protein".....which I didn't quite understand, given the fact that all the pre-op/post-op documentation and advice I received through TWH, basically told us NOT to be concerned with "calories".....only protein....(if I remember correctly ?...it "has" been 6+ months after all LOL....and, I am a "Senior"   )

Then, I began to wonder if this was a case of "different" bariatric centers having very different protocols....i.e. Guelph (very strict and rigid) and other various centers allowing different foods(?) when on Opti, even Vits and supplements can be different, etc. etc .  Also,  given the fact that your WLS was over 3 years ago, perhaps there was a "change of thought" somewhere, since??  It's all very confusing, eh??  Did you have your surgery in Toronto?

Maybe Kerry has been given yet, another different set of guidelines....there are always changes it seems.  Obviously, it's an ongoing learning experience for the Dr's and the centers.  Wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if, down the road, they could just give you an "injection" that could "fix" your brain????  Then the surgery probably wouldn't even be necessary!?!?   WOOT WOOT 

Hmmmmm??  Maybe not....would put a LOT of Dr's out of work..... hahahahaha

TTFN....Verity 

Most Active
Recent Topics