Is this surgery working for me?

RubyRoo
on 1/27/13 3:38 am - Canada

Hi guys, I am a little over 2 weeks post op, lost 16 pounds but now the scale has stopped moving!!!  Really scared that this surgery is not going to go further in regards to Weightloss. HELP! Am I thinking too much?? 

HW: 294   Pre-Op W: 273  SW: 265

Surgery on: January 10, 2013 With Dr. L Klein at HRRH

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/27/13 3:40 am - Windsor, Canada

I lost 11 lbs at 2 weeks out. 16 is great!

You WILL have lots of stalls. This is only one of them.

http://diminishingdawnreturns.blogspot.ca/2011/03/inevitable -first-stall.html

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

RubyRoo
on 1/27/13 8:39 am - Canada

Thank you Dawn! I was just hoping that a stall wouldn't have come so early :( Oh well I just gotta keep doing what I am doing and get in all my protein!

Kathleen101
on 1/27/13 4:01 am

This is a journey that is new to you & all of us have been there!

I was like you I figured the surgery didn't  work and I have learned to sit tight do everything they say do & weight will come off

I am not losing weight as fast as I thought & I am learning even now to BE PATIENT (which is not easy for me)

Take Care   

Kathleen

Surgery date Oct 2/12  by Dr D Lindsey SJHT

RubyRoo
on 1/27/13 8:24 am - Canada

Thank you! I think I need to be patient as you said....and stay off that darn scale everyday! LOL

Kathleen101
on 1/27/13 9:27 am

The scale is my enemy YET I still get on it a lot!!!!!!

I can't figure out how I weigh less in the pm then the am as most over weight people know your lowest weight is in the am!!!!!!

Hang tight!!!!!

Surgery date Oct 2/12  by Dr D Lindsey SJHT

Lorieliz
on 1/27/13 5:04 am - Canada

No, you are not thinking too much, you are weighing yourself too much. Chill on the scale a bit, stick to your diet and exercise and "feel how you feel" Must be you "feel" better, "lighter", more energized, more mobile. 

I believe that the scale is probably more valuable when you get to where you want to stay. On the way there, I think it is probably useful once every couple weeks. Certainly not more than once a week.

On most diets your body works on a two or three week cycle of "settling". Your metabolism says "not enough food", so your body tries to maintain on what it is getting and sometimes even gains weight. Eventually it gives up and lets go and you have a few really good weeks of SVs and your body says "whoa" again. Just concentrate on doing what you know how to do, and it will happen.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

RubyRoo
on 1/27/13 8:27 am - Canada

You are right...I need to stay off that darn scale and stop thinking too much! I weigh myself every morning...NOT GOOD!

I am going to try to stay off of it and concentrate on eating what I need to and getting in my protein.

Thank you for your kind words!

Moselle
on 1/27/13 5:38 am - Athens, Canada

Oh this surgery will work for you as long as you follow the program.  I think that 16 lbs is awesome. Stick to the program, eat your protein, don't drink with your meals and move your butt.  I guarantee as long as you do these things the weight will come off.

I have to agree that you don't want to focus your journey completely on the numbers on the scale because then you will be unhappy when you the numbers don't cooperate. Have you taken your measurements? Focus on how your clothes feel, looser? Enjoy the additional energy you will experience.

This really is a personal journey. Everyone's body adapts differently so you can't compare your results to someone else.  If you can, try weighing yourself once a week and not letting it rule your world. This is a life long journey not a race.

Relax and enjoy the ride. All the best, Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

RubyRoo
on 1/27/13 8:30 am - Canada

Thank you Muriel! You are right, I need to not step on that darn scale! From today I promise to only weigh myself once a week!

Thank you for your words of wisdom, I promise to relax and enjoy this new life that I have been given! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics