Birth Control and surgery

smarkone
on 1/29/13 8:46 am

I met with Dr. Glazier today, he told me I would have to stop my birth control at least 1 month before my surgery, I don't have a surgery date yet, I was wondering if I should stop them now I don't want anything else to stand in my way. Does anyone know if I will go right back on the pill after the surgery? He also has sent me to get a stress test and an echocardiogram done, these have been set up for Feb. 8 they said the stress test could take up to 4 hours the last one I had was pretty quick has anyone had a stress test that took that long.

I have to tell you I was pretty upset when I left the office today, so many scenarios went through my head (all good and exciting)but not one of them involved having more tests done.

any words of wisdom from you fine folks will be greatly appreciated.

ok Im done feeling sorry for myself thanks for listening.

Sharon

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

GirlSassy
on 1/29/13 8:52 am - Kingston, Canada

If the surgeon is saying go off BC a month before surgery, that is what you do.No need to be off for the next few months if you needn't be. I was not and am not on BC so I can't comment on going back on.

The stress test this time may include a heart ultrasound. I had a stress test done years ago, and part of it was the ultrasound.

You are getting closer to your goal, and it is common to have doubts and fears about what you are doing. Be sure you have researched it thoroughly and make sure it's for you, and you will be all good!

I am 10 weeks out and ridiculously happy I have done this!

Good luck!

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

smarkone
on 1/29/13 9:22 am

Thanks for your input, I have fears yes, but doubts no, I have researched this thoroughly and I know this is right for me.

thanks again.

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

Heathergetbetter
on 1/29/13 9:02 am - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

I used the birth control as an excuse to call Dr. Klein's office to inquire about my surgeon date to get my appointment. They booked my appointment and then told me what month they were booking surgeries for at that time. That way I could guess when to stop the pill.  I ended up stopping the pill and going on the depo shot. I have heard that some people do not properly absorb the pill and I didn't want to the chance of an accidental pregnancy.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
smarkone
on 1/29/13 9:25 am

ohh that is such a good idea I'm going to give them a call. 

thanks.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/13 9:04 am - Straford, Canada

Well you could go with what my Mom believed I needed to prevent fatherhood in university... abstinence!  If his pee wee doesn't get close to her who who, it is The best birth control! May not help the old relationship or answer your animalistic urges, but she had a point!    This can also be used by Catholic priests to improve their chances of making Cardinal.

smarkone
on 1/29/13 9:29 am

hahaha your so funny, I love reading your comments....................

So..... I too am from the home of Justin Bieber (Stratford in case you don't know who he is)

o3angelgirl
on 1/29/13 11:52 am - Stratford, Canada

I am too!  Does anyone know when the next group meeting is in Stratford?  I would love to come out and meet other people from Stratford that are also going through this process or already have had it done.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/13 8:24 pm - Straford, Canada

I love Stratford Ontario!  We go to The Shakespeare Festival almost every summer at least once!  My daughter took a camp there for three weeks one summer and adored her experience!  I live in a different Stratford though (PEI).  Wasn't Bieber the guy the old farts Boo'd at the Grey Cup?  I thought that was bad taste regardless of what you think of him, I think booing should be left to the ghosts on Halloween!  

Paddycke51
on 1/29/13 12:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You are to funny Ian lol
Paddtcke51    
Most Active
Recent Topics