What exercise are you doing today?

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 1:10 am - Canada

I'm doing a 3 km walk

Kerry F.
on 2/2/13 1:57 am - Bolton, Canada

This is a great thread!  I am one week out after a hernia repair surgery; been told by my surgeon that I shouldn't run for 6-8 weeks - Yikes!!!  My only other exercise was circuit training, which is out until my abs are all healed - so I'm looking for some good suggestions to keep active.  It's really easy to slip back into being sedentary, especially because I'm still sore & slow.  So far today, just a short walk around the block.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

anewstart
on 2/2/13 2:10 am - Canada
I did 30 minutes on the bike this morning and 35 mins on the treadmill a few weights. Going to do some house cleaning after the little guy goes down for his nap and hoping to crack open a new Leslie Sanson dvd i bought. 2 1/2 months out not minding this working out thing so much now....yeah me!!!
izzyw13
on 2/2/13 2:12 am, edited 2/2/13 8:55 am - Mississauga Ontario, Canada

Going back to the gym for the first time in many months ..

going to do 20 mins of light cardio on the dreadmill --Check completed

free weights for my arms..-- Check completed

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

nata
on 2/2/13 2:52 am - Ottawa, Canada

Skating. one hour of figure skating class and one hour of speed skating (long track) outside on the oval.

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
mermaidz
on 2/2/13 4:36 am - Brampton, Canada

Well I gotta admit.. This thread made me jealous reading all these fabulous outgoing exercises.  I've been struggling with the "If I exercise, it's gonna hurt more and I already hurt to start with " vs the "if I take pain pills I won't be able to feel my limits when I exercise and i could hurt myself more".

The result is no activity.....and I'm still losing despite myself.. Slowly

So while I was having physio, we discussed "aquafit on drugs" as a possibility of exercise.

1.  If I take pain medication, and do fall asleep, someone is likely to drag me out of the pool, if for no other reason than I'm in their way (I'm hoping)

2. Least impact on my joints and theoretically, the warm water should soothe my crunchy bits.

3. Help me get my metabolism mojo stimulated again and maybe my body will want to drop a couple more pounds..or not lol

Thanks Mon.. ya did it!!.. lol maybe lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

gardeninggal
on 2/2/13 6:49 am - Midland, Canada

Loving this thread too as I am not too motivated right now either.  This foot pain eliminates my 'dreadmill' which is what I was planning on for burning calories but now what?  I was thinking about going back to Curves but that is as far as I got...thinking.  My sedentary lifestyle got me into this so I am asking for help on suggestions for workout dvd's for home.  And Monica did you really post this at 5:40 a.m.???? OMG and this is your day off right?  

Monica M.
on 2/2/13 10:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Gosh no it wasn't that early. My time signature is messed up!

JJ_
on 2/2/13 8:29 am

-  Treadmill;

-  housework;

-  shopping!