Persantine Stress Test

smarkone
on 2/6/13 10:35 am

Has anyone had the Persantine Stress test and if so why does it take 3 to 4 hours to complete. I have to have one on Friday along with an Echocardiogram.

Sharon

Referral sent Sept. 2011, Orientation Oct. 2012, 1st appt. with Surgeon Nov. 2012, Nut, Nurse and SW Nov. 2012, Dr. Glazer Jan 2013, Stress test, echo Feb 2013, 2nd appt with Surgeon March 2013, PATTS April 23, 2012  surgery May 8, 2013

EternalEx
on 2/6/13 12:21 pm - Canada
I haven't had the Persantine Version, but I did a similar test done. It takes so long because they take images of your heart at rest, then you wait, then they will inject Cardolite into you to induce stress (Persantine is when they do this while you rest versus actually running on a treadmill), then they take images of your heart under stress, then you wait some more.
The actual testing won't be 3-4 hours but because of all the steps (and the number of people they do that day) it takes a long time. They will most likely do the ECG at the same time.
They also have a radiologist review the images before you leave to make sure they are clear.
Hope that helps!
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/13 7:04 pm - Straford, Canada

I have had several others versions of the same type of test.  A lot of waiting, a little exertion, lots more waiting.  Easy peasy.  Relax and enjoy the ride!  Take a good book! 

CanDoItFour
on 2/7/13 3:06 am - Canada

I've had it too.  Lots of "hurry up and wait".  Not a difficult procedure by any means.

Claire

HW 350  CW 141  Surgery Feb 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics