Upper GI weight restrictions???

Sherri C.
on 3/14/13 11:14 pm
RNY on 04/05/13
Happy Friday Ladiesa and Gents. I have a question. I have a friend who is just starting his journey. He's in the process of jumping through hoops but ha**** the perverbial brick wall. He is going through Guelph. He got his requisition to have his Upper GI done, Guelph can't do it because at 448lbs he's too heavy for the table. He waited for an appointment at Cambridge Memorial and when he arrived they told him sorry you're too fat. He contacted London who ALSO said the weight capacity is 399lbs. I know there are heavier people having this done, but where did they do that test? Guelph is a Bariatric specialty clinic aand yet if you're over 399lbs you're S.O.L? This isn't making sense to me! Help, he's getting so depressed. He's terrified they won't do his surgery, that the OR table won't hold him.
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/13 12:49 am - Kitchener, Canada

Tell your friend not work worry. They talked about this at the Orientation and said that the Upper GI can not be done on people over 400lbs. A man at the orientation asked the same question and they said it will not delay your journey. They understand and if you cant get it done, you cant get it done. 

Tell your friend not to worry. They said the one place that is the best for it is St Marys in Kitchener. If they wont do it, no one will and thats ok. 

Hope this helps!

MIchelle

Sherri C.
on 3/15/13 4:18 am
RNY on 04/05/13
Thanks Michelle!!!
mermaidz
on 3/16/13 11:28 am - Brampton, Canada

If people over that weight limit can't have upper GI's done.. then who's the dork who ordered it?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics