what flavours should I buy of The DaVinci syrup for opti

lisachevy
on 3/26/13 11:34 am - Kitchener, Canada
Hello, getting closer to when I will be buying my opti and want to know what flavours I should buy from Davinci to make it taste better. I am also thinking to use it to flavour yogart after aS well. Let me know what your opinions are on flavour. Thanks
BluIzGal
on 3/26/13 12:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

When I was on Optifast I was on it for three weeks and chose half chocolate and half vanilla. I was not a fan of vanilla but used the sugar free cinnamon dulce syrup from Starbucks so I could get it down. I often drank the chocolate plain or with sugar free cherry syrup by DaVinci which made it taste like Black Forest cake (yeah I know, it's a stretch but after 21 days that's what I thought it tasted like). Other than the first few days, I only managed to get in three shakes because a) the gagging the vanilla caused and b) I just wasn't hungry. I have to say that having beef or chicken broth really helped me out to balance the sweetness of Optifast. Funny enough, the shakes I still drink at almost 9 months post op taste similar to Optifast (not as sweet though).  Good luck to you on jazzing them up - ice and a blender help too. 

Patricia

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/13 12:56 pm - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Toffee & coconut were my favourites.
kayakgirl
on 3/26/13 11:17 pm - Canada
On March 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM Pacific Time, HeatherDnowM wrote:
Toffee & coconut were my favourites.

I read that as "tofu and coconut"...

Heathergetbetter
on 3/26/13 1:17 pm - Trenton, ON, Canada
RNY on 05/02/12

I had a lot of options, but also enjoyed the plain vanilla. My favorite add in were the pineapple, coconut and banana for a pina colada kind of flavour and the raspberry. You can also add the lemonade crystal light and the raspberry together for a sweet raspberry lemonade and the raspberry went well with chocolate too.

Dr Ref: Sept 9th '10, Dr. Follow up (file lost in bulk transfer) Aug '11Pre-surg Asmt Ottawa: Dec 9th '11File Transf to HRH -another bulk transf Bypass class: Feb 2 '12 Surgeon Consult: Feb 8 '12    Dietician: Feb 8 '12   Soc Wrkr: Feb 8 '12 Nurse: Feb 8 '12 Internist: Mar 9 '12  Surgeon: Apr 4 '12 Opti:Apr 18 '12 SURGERY: May 2 '12    
nicolepage5
on 3/26/13 3:03 pm - Stoney Creek, Canada
RNY on 02/11/13
Banana definitely!

Initial Referral: Feb. 17/12 - Orientation (St. Joe's): Oct 1/12 - Orientation (HRRH): Nov 26/12 - Meet Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Nov 28/12 - Dietitian (Michelle): Nov 28/12 - SW (Jackie): Nov 28/12 - NP: Dec 20/12 - Bloodwork: Dec 20/12 - Medical Internist (Dr. Glazer): Jan 10/13 - Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Jan 17/13 - Optifast: Jan 28/13 - Surgery: Feb11/13!!!

lisachevy
on 3/26/13 7:54 pm - Kitchener, Canada
This is awesome thanks everyone. I like the idea of crystal light as well. I thought banada would go good with the chocolate so I am glad to hear that's a good one as well. Never though about using cherry with it, but I'll give anything a go
johjen
on 3/26/13 8:22 pm

I like peppermint with the chocolate and caramel.. I don't like the vanilla at all, so I just got chocolate!  Crushed ice is your friend!

jellyfishattack
on 3/26/13 10:11 pm, edited 3/26/13 10:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I liked the peppermint and the hazelnut in the small bottle - the big bottle tasted more of caramel than hazelnut - in the chocolate Opti, and I liked gingerbread, pumpkin pie, and orange in the vanilla Opti, I didn't like the caramel quite as much in the vanilla.

The peanut butter tastes and smells an awful lot like the hazelnut, and the toasted marshmallow is so sweet, it's sickening (don't buy that one), and it doesn't taste 'toasted' either.

Good luck, the Low Carb Grocery has lowered their prices from $12.99 a bottle to $10.40 a (large) bottle and usually have 50 different flavours, so you could also try raspberry or banana, or Kahlua, or other flavours.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Mary A.
on 3/27/13 4:54 am

it depends on what you like as flavouring..anything that you would have in a regular flavour prior to surgery tastes just as good in SF format.   JMO

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics