Incesion

debra197630
on 4/4/13 9:35 am - Canada

I had surgery three weeks ago tomorrow ,, my  left side incesion thats below my breast its healing but everytime i take a shower the scab falls off and it starts to leak,,,, and i also have a pin size hole in the middle of the incesion has anyone else have this problems

Monica M.
on 4/4/13 10:46 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

Is there any warmth, redness or swelling around the incision? that could mean infection. If its just clear fluid, its nothing to worry about, but do mention it at your next follow up (which should be soon?)

debra197630
on 4/4/13 11:28 am - Canada

there is no redness and my skin is always warm,, the fluid is like the colour of apple juice just a bit lighter im still sore when i try to bend to the left

Monica M.
on 4/4/13 11:32 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

That's what i would call "clear" drainage, which is not alarming, there's no infection. Give your WLS centre a call, and let them know, (about the drainage and the pain) but its not really likely anything to worry about.

debra197630
on 4/4/13 11:55 am - Canada

thanks i was more worried about the little pin size hole its coming out of

JJ_
on 4/4/13 8:08 pm

I had the exact same issue.  You can google it - serous fluid.  I did not have a drain post surgery and this fluid needs to leave your body.  It can be messy and I had to change tops frequently for a period of time because the sterile pads would overflow.

It is normal.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics