How do you figure out your body fat percentage????

Jodi77
on 5/16/13 2:28 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

Is there someone you can go with one of those machines??  I've had my checked before at some gyms and at Dr. Poon's clinic but I don't have access to either of these places anymore!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Terry_R.
on 5/16/13 3:15 am - Canada

Hi Jodi

There is a web site that you can go to that will do the calculation for your BMI for you.  Don't know if that is exactly what you want for sure.

Hope that all is well.

Terry

Jodi77
on 5/16/13 10:49 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
I'm good for BMI, thanks! This is a machine they hook you up to with a few electrodes and it sends currents through your body and reports how much of your body's composition is fat.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

NorthernStar
on 5/16/13 4:28 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Google BodPod, there should be somewhere near you that has this and you can get your body fat percentage tested. It's very accurate. I might look into this myself, I'm curious what my body fat is at.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Jodi77
on 5/16/13 5:14 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
Awesome! Thanks!!! The Bone Wellness Centre on Broadview does them! Gonna check it out!

Dr. Seuss

BluIzGal
on 5/16/13 9:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I was actually going to recommend that place. I have had two done. They are called DEXA scans. I had the first one the day I started Optifast. The second at 6 months and will have my third at 1 yr. 

Jodi77
on 5/16/13 10:17 pm - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
Awesome! I made an appointment!

Dr. Seuss

Lolabug
on 5/17/13 3:54 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

How much does something like that cost?

Jodi77
on 5/17/13 4:16 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13
$125

Dr. Seuss

Most Active
Recent Topics