Massage

SuzieQ11
on 6/15/13 5:45 am - Whitby, Canada

I have massage regularly (sometimes weekly) for chronic pain. I'm just wondering how long it took for folks to be able to lie on their stomach after RNY?

I am really going to miss it till I can get 'back on the table'!

Referral: May 25th, 2013 / Orientation: June 17th. / Dr. Glazer: Sept. 3./ RN/RD/SW: Sept 5./ Follow up SW October 4 / 2nd appt with Dr. Klein: Oct 30 / Surgery date: Jan 15

CathyinPtbo
on 6/15/13 6:40 am - Canada

the massage can be done side lying but I was able to lay on my stomach for the chiropractor after just over a week.

SuzieQ11
on 6/15/13 10:02 am - Whitby, Canada

Thanks Cathy! That's a relief....

Referral: May 25th, 2013 / Orientation: June 17th. / Dr. Glazer: Sept. 3./ RN/RD/SW: Sept 5./ Follow up SW October 4 / 2nd appt with Dr. Klein: Oct 30 / Surgery date: Jan 15

Brats1979
on 6/15/13 10:48 am
If your massage therapist has pregnancy pillows that might work relatively well if you want to be on your tummy. If not then your back can still be massaged while you are lying in it! I am a massage therapist and do "under body work" all the time. It's a little more difficult but definitely do able. The number one thing that massage helps with is increasing circulation....good luck
BluIzGal
on 6/15/13 10:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Your massage therapist my also have the chairs so you can lean forward in a seated position. 

Most Active
Recent Topics