opti

lori1968
on 6/23/13 9:45 am

hi i have been on the optifast shake for 5 days having surgery on the 10 of july 2013 and it is hard dose anyone have any advice for me thanks

kristaeb
on 6/23/13 10:53 am

Hi Lori, I am on day11, my surgery is on Thursday. The first week was hard for me too. I tried to go to bed early and always had my opti before my family ate. What clinic are you through? I am through HRRH, and i can have some veggies and broth,i dont know if i could just handle the opti alone... Drink losts of water or water with crystal light etc..I am down 13 lbs as of today so that helps lol...It will get easier just keep yourself busy ... Good luck hun... Krista..broken heart

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

lori1968
on 6/23/13 11:54 am

thank u so much my clinic is the weight management clinic at the civic hosiptal i want to thank for helping me

P_Floyd
on 6/23/13 1:22 pm - Canada

I am just over a year out. Opti is hard to get through, no questions there. Hang in there and tough it out, you're almost done with it. Just try and focus on all the positives in store for you. Clothes are a huge one. Just trying stuff on is fun but finding that the clothes you think will fit you are too damn big is pretty awesome. One of many really great things that come with this. 

So keep going, many have been where you are now and get it. A lot of us have had those same feelings and you just have to battle through them. You can do it like I did it. Just a little further. 

Best of luck in your up and coming. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

sublimechick
on 6/23/13 9:39 pm - Canada

I am on day 12 of Opti...surgery on Wed and it gets better honestly!!!!

Use ICE ICE cold water....I put mine in freezer for 1-1.5 hours before mixing. Then I drink really fast. It tastes better and FILLS ME which is the main thing. 

Im down 12 lbs ....basically 1 lb per day loss...and I have cheated :( I try not to but it is soooo hard to eat nothing!!

At least after the surgery we won't really feel hungy...so eating bad stuff will not be as hard as now :)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

JJ_
on 6/24/13 8:55 pm

Keep your eyes on the prize.  I also had surgery at the Civic Hospital in December 2011 and did 3 weeks of Optifast.  Use this time to focus on how you are eating differently than those around you.  Look at the visual cues in your environment (billboards, favourite restaurant signs, tv commercials, etc.)   Think about how your eating will be different for a while post-surgery too.  Eventually you will be on the diet for life and can eat a hamburger patty or part of one when you have a bbq with family and friends. 

I would have my opti on the following schedule:  8 a.m., noon, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.  I had a SF jello after the lunch one, and a broth mid afternoon and sometimes again in the evening.

You can do it! 

Judy

lori1968
on 6/24/13 11:44 pm

thank u so much for your suport i have 2 weeks left thank god

Most Active
Recent Topics