Sleep Apnea / Sleep Test Requirements

shoshanaApr2013
on 6/26/13 3:34 pm

I have sleep apnea and a CPAP. My last sleep test was at least 3 years ago. I haven't had any problems or indications that my CPAP pressure needs to be changed. I'm wondering how recent the sleep test needs to be for the program to accept the results without requiring a new one. Has anyone encountered this issue? What was the response?

Many thanks in advance for your replies! 

Needanewbeginning
on 6/27/13 12:02 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Do you or have you been to follow ups with your cpap provider? Most require at least once a year follow ups where they check your readings on your unit to monitor how your doing. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

alysan
on 6/27/13 1:39 am - Canada

I think it has u have to have a recent sleep test (within the last 2 years).  Call the center and ask. 

mytimetoofly
on 6/27/13 4:03 am - Canada

Mine needed to be in the last 12 months! Hope that helps, check with your program!

the weight is coming off.......

Surgery: July 11, 2013. Hamilton, Ontario. 

JJ_
on 6/27/13 3:37 pm

My sleep test had been 5 years earlier and I was using my CPAP machine faithfully.  I was not asked to be retested.  That was my experience in Ottawa.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics