excess skin removal

debra197630
on 7/5/13 10:33 am - Canada

I was wondering where i can go and get my skin removed when i need it done,, plus a friend is ready to get her excess skin removed but not sure who to go to and where

kristaeb
on 7/5/13 10:58 am

Hi, i had a breast reduction 3 years ago.. I went Dr Leila Kasrai in Toronto... She is amazing... She does it all. She is the head of plasitc surgery at her hospital . And she also does surgery on patients from 3 world countries.. Like i said amazing And she is soooo nice ...Good luck with whom ever you choose..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

funnelcloud
on 7/5/13 1:29 pm

Hi Debra,

When I was at my pre-surgery group meeting.... We were told that OHIP does not pay for excess skin removal ...unless you are having complications... it's been de-listed... One of the participants was Quoted $10,000...

Breast reductions...might still be covered if it is causing you back/spine problems.  Check with you doctor.

I sure wish I could have it done... my skin is sagging after losing over 100lbs

All the best to you.

Funnelcloud (Barb)

Needanewbeginning
on 7/6/13 1:33 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I have looked into this and yes some ps surgery for excess is still covered, only if you have documented complications, like rashes etc from your Dr. Krista's suggested Dr I heard is fantastic, there is also one in Scarborough who is great a well. First get a referral from your Dr, but if you haven't had any issues with your excess skin, you may not qualify. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Mandalious
on 7/6/13 4:21 am - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13
Dr Sauceda in Monterry Mexico is who I have been researching.

There are a forum on here that is just got him. Thousands of WLS patients have been to him. I know I know Mexico..
But it's okay. You fly down, check into the hotel associated to clinic.
Have surgrey next day, stay in a couple days, them released and go back to hotel. Every day for two weeks nurses come and check on you, help you shower, change bandages. Doctor also comes in and check on you too.

I know I wanna get a tummy tuck, boob job and arms done. It will be around 10g.

Check him out. I'm gonna have start saving now, before I even have my bypass. I already have droopy arms so I can only imagine what it gonna be like once I drop 200lbs

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

kim_emma02
on 7/7/13 6:57 am - Ontario, Canada

I am also starting to look in to plastics.  Panni surgery can be covered by OHIP if you have a medical reason and are pre-approved by OHIP.  I have a friend that had a breast reduction by Dr. Frank Lista in Mississauga and she was extremely pleased with her results and with him as a surgeon.  He is definately one that I will be looking in to but I am going to ask my surgeon if he can recommend anyone as well!  I will be selecting my surgeon very carefully.  Another friend had her panni surgery (covered byOHIP) by the head of plastic surgery in North York and she screwed up BIG TIME!!!!  My friend now has to have a revision at full cost to her..........  Good luck with your search!

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

merly6800
on 7/8/13 1:27 am - Canada

Please see this thread started on July 3/13:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4635704/OHIP-and-Parame ters-for-consideration-for-approval-of/

I had an OHIP covered panni with an upgrade to full TT with muscle repair and breast lift.

Most Active
Recent Topics