New Criteria from OHIP re: coverage of breast reductions (April 2013)

Mary A.
on 8/2/13 1:54 am

new guidelines as of April 1, 2013 for breast reductions.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/ohip/sob/physserv/append.pdf

note especially

[Commentary:

Ptosis and/or size alone are not sufficient grounds for coverage of reduction mammoplasty.]

Ptosis is basically sagging breasts..so just because your "ladies" are hanging down to your knees...well that's not all they are looking at.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Darthmummy
on 8/2/13 1:58 am
Reminds me of that song the kids used to sing: can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow... Only they were singing about ears. I betcha OHIP covers you if your ears hang low.
mona8
on 8/2/13 9:13 am - Kingston, Canada
I didn't think that OHIP ever paid for breast reduction surgery simply based on sagginss. When I had mine done 12 years ago sagginess wasn't even mentioned ( although it was certainly there ) my PS put throught the OHIP app citing back pain, headaches and shoulder grooves in my skin as cause for the request for surgery. Sagginess alone has been considered cosmetic for as long as I've known, and OHIP doesn't cover cosmetic surgery.

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Most Active
Recent Topics