Baked Kale Chips ?

kristaeb
on 8/9/13 12:34 am

Hi ,  i was wondering if anyone eats baked kale chips , and if so when did you start to eat them after surgery ? Thanks Krista..kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

kellybelly333
on 8/9/13 1:11 am - Toronto, Canada

Yes, I do. But i've only recently discovered them, and i'm 2.5 years out. I would think I could eat them by the three month mark, if not sooner. I did well tolerating most foods.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

kristaeb
on 8/9/13 4:49 am

Thanks, i was thinking i might try them next month. I tolerate food well right now. All but bananas... Thanks again...Krista..

Megan M.
on 8/9/13 10:08 pm - Canada

How do you make them?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

kristaeb
on 8/10/13 4:52 am

Hi, you rip the kale off the large stems. Put them in a bowl and drizzle a little olive oil dont soak them. And massage it in to coat the leaves.Sprinkle with some sea salt or salt. and put on a baking sheet in a single layer lined with parchment paper. I bake mine at250- 300 and keep checking on them . I turn mine after about 6 min or so depending on crispness. Try to take them out before the turn brown. You can put any flavor on them you want. Also check on line under cheesy kale chips for that recipie, it is suppose to be really good.  Krista.

Most Active
Recent Topics