opti question.... saint joes

mispysmom
on 8/10/13 8:49 pm - elliot lake, Canada
I have read a bunch of.posts, regarding the opti.diet....two weeks.ago i cut all cafeine, carbonation and excess sugars, i dont start opti until sept 20, but i.wanted a head start....for.those of us tht are st the saint joes toronto sight...wht is allowed in their opti diet? Anything.extra....or opti only?

Thanks a.bunch

Amanda

BeckyJ58
on 8/10/13 11:37 pm - Cobourg, Canada

HI, I am on my last few days of optifast as my surgery is Aug 14.  I have surgery at Toronto East, and I was allowed, diet pops, sugar free jello, chicken/beef broth and sugar free popsiciles.  It wasn't bad at all.  I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get it down, but actually I can doctor it up and its actually pretty good.  I use Mio, cocoa, or lemon, coconut, orange, vanilla extracts.  I add one pouch of opti with 2 ice cubes, and 1 1/3 cups of water, with any of the flavourings.  I add a tiny bit of stevia and but in blender...get creative...

mispysmom
on 8/10/13 11:53 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Oh man!!! Having pop would be awesome!!! I have missed it!! Lol

Amanda

Needanewbeginning
on 8/11/13 12:04 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

At HRRH, no pop. indecision you won't have that post op either. I used to love Perrier water, but I am used to no carbonation now. Good idea to work your way off caffien and pop before you start opti. You will suffer from headaches if you stop it during opti. When you pick up your opti, you will be given your 'instructions' for opti and the diet to follow.

Good luck on your journey. 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

mispysmom
on 8/11/13 4:51 am - elliot lake, Canada
I.had an easier time.giving up smoking lol then giving up carbonation lmao!!!

Amanda

RidingFan
on 8/11/13 12:28 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13
St Joe's Toronto follows the HRRH guidelines. I was allowed clear sugar free drinks like tea, caffeine free coffee, broth, flavoured water as well as 2 cups per day of lettuce, green peppers, celery or broccoli. Could use vinegar or lemon as dressing. Also found sugar free popsicles. Opti went fine, no probs. You will do great!

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

Lorieliz
on 8/11/13 1:06 am - Canada

Yeah, stay off the pop. Post op I can't tolerate it at all. I had totally given it up and have a couple of times had a sip of something fizzy and you can literally feel it bubbling right back up, not a good feeling. I only miss it now and then. Unfortunately, coffee is on my yuck list now too and I need to find a new vice.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Mochalocks12
on 8/11/13 7:42 am - Canada
I'm going through st.joe's Toronto as well... My surgery is tomorrow.... It's 4 Opti a day.... Clear broth, SF jello, popcicles/freezies, and cucumbers, celery,broccoli, and lettuce with either vinager or lemon juice. NO POP! I went through hell getting off the pop so start now, you can't have it post op anyways. .... Go through the withdraw from the pop now, cause Opti causes your body enough grief the first few days as it is, don't add to your misery. Hope this helps, good luck.

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190