anyone from northern ontario?!?

mispysmom
on 8/12/13 8:32 am - elliot lake, Canada
Anyone from northern ontario??? And if so where? And.wht r your thoughts on the telemedicine??

Amanda

Nathalie_Can
on 8/12/13 9:49 am

Lots of us from the great white north...lol...telemedecine?  Or teleconference?

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

mispysmom
on 8/12/13 6:18 pm - elliot lake, Canada
Teleconference i.guess...lol.in.our.medical center.they call it.telemedicine

Amanda

Nathalie_Can
on 8/13/13 12:19 am

The term they use is OTN....I had my surgery in Toronto at HRRH and since that day, never went back to Toronto, always used OTN.  I saved alot of 16 hours drives...lol

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

BluEyedCin
on 8/12/13 11:13 am

I am from Northern Ontario

ARE YOU FROM NORTHERN ONTARIO

IF SO EMAIL ME AT

[email protected]

SURGERY DEC 3 2012

Derek C.
on 8/12/13 9:30 pm - North Bay , Canada

Im from North Bay , never utlized the telemedicine option, opted for the toronto trips and the shopping etc that accompany it , my wife was happy!!

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Mary A.
on 8/12/13 11:50 pm

Thunder Bay here and there are quite a few of us on this board

Hanneli xoxo
on 8/12/13 11:54 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I am from Sudbury.. went through the Sudbury Bariatric Assessment Centre and met with my surgeon via Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN). Found it very handy. Some pre ops from Timmins and North Bay joined my Gastric Bypass Class from their respective cities so they did not have to travel to Sudbury an extra time. Saves the government money from not having to dole out as many Northern Ontario Travel Grants, too.