Is this heartburn ? Acid reflux? Dumping?

Ande
on 8/13/13 12:39 pm - Canada

WARNING TMI

Ok so I had a piece of chicken from chicken chow mien and felt sick right away. Vomited everything. It's been 5 hours and I can't stop burping! I keep vomited water jelly like stuff. I keep feeling like I need to let a big burp out but I vomit instead. 

Help! Any ideas on how to control this?..

RNY Wednesday July 3rd 2013

Nanato2
on 8/13/13 9:13 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Well I have some issue's with chicken myself if I do not chew it really well or eat to fast I get the same way.

Not sure where you purchased it from but remember that some places add sauces and msg to the food. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Gabygee
on 8/13/13 11:13 pm - Canada

This is classic "didn't go through" your stoma.

Your poor tummy keeps trying to digest the food, and is producing thick slimey mucous, which is what keeps coming. We call that "The Foamies".

Chicken is often an issue, and it has more to do with its texture than anything else. Especially if there was fat on it or around it.

You will feel fine in an hour, and will be able to eat again. Don't worry that you're off chicken forever - it is just hard for your poor pouch to deal with at the moment.

Try a couple of crackers to settle things.

Most Active
Recent Topics