Excess skin helping exercises???

Jodi77
on 9/10/13 7:26 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

I have now lost over 100 pounds and have some flabby skin on my arms, inner legs and neck.  Anyone know somewhere I can get a print out or a helpful chart of exercises I should be focusing on at the gym?  I can't afford a trainer right now but wanna go and do an "arm" and "leg" workout on certain days.  I need  cheat sheet!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Sunny123
on 9/10/13 9:39 pm, edited 9/10/13 9:40 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

I haven't had surgery but i have been looking for exercises to do and have started doing what I can.

I have signed up for FitnessPal and can log my activities and food on it (there is an iphone and ipad app too). I have asked for people on this board to friend me and we can see people logging activity and food.

If you go to you tube you can search on the areas you want to focus on.  I found one channel that i like FitnessBlender - they have various videos that give you a link back to their site which provides calories burned and more detail - it's called Fitness Blender and here is the youtube link to the video I suffered through this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDw5dxst_ls

If you scroll below the video you will see the 'calorie burn info and printable route' and a link -

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Lean-Arms-Workout-Rhomboids-Shoulders-Bicep-Tricep-and-Chest/cb/

This is where you will find more detail regarding the youtube video...you could find routines there or back on youtube - your choice.

I take my laptop in to the spare room and hook it up to the tv and play the video on it. ~ Good luck and congratulations on your weight loss!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Jodi77
on 9/11/13 8:55 am - Scarborough, Canada
RNY on 02/05/13

Thanks for the tip Sunny!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” 
 Dr. Seuss

Orientation: March 2012      Blah Blah Blah     Surgery:  February 5, 2013

Mary A.
on 9/12/13 5:50 am

KUDOS for trying to tighten things up....but remember it all depends on your skins elasticity and how long you have been carrying that 100lbs..

Just remember to rotate the areas that you work-out in order to give your muscles time to re-pair between work-outs..

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics