*rant*

dragongirl_76
on 9/17/13 11:26 am

I am 5 days post op and STILL in the hospital. they said going in that they knew there were going to be issues with pain control because of the meds i already take for chronic pain. today i had a breakthrough and hope to be going home tomorrow but COME ON! with all the medical technology we have, they can't give me something to pass gas or at least take away my pain for a little while. i suffered for 8 hours post op until i got relief. i'm hating everything about this process right now.

*end rant*

burg_vs
on 9/17/13 11:30 am

Rant seems well deserved!  I hope you get to go home soon and the pain eases.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/13 11:46 am

I know this may sound rude,,, not intended. But I would love to be in your position right now. I have been waiting a long time for this surgery, and I would gladly have some pain for this operation. Small price to pay. But I hope you feel better soon.

dragongirl_76
on 9/17/13 11:49 am

i anticipated some pain, as ive had my gb out and two open abdo surgeries with 22 staples each time.........but this is friggin ridiculous.

feels like ive been run over by a bus.

Monica M.
on 9/17/13 10:39 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

have you been walking lots? that really does get rid of the gas.

DeidreB
on 9/18/13 12:46 am

Yes the gas pain is awful.  Walk and then walk some more.  Put your hand or an SO's hand on your lower right abdomen and flutter/massage it up to above your navel, then to the left then down (the direction your colon goes).  I had visitors burping me like a baby after liquids too.  If you can tolerate it get on your hands an knees on the bed with pillows supporting your belly and rock forward/back/side to side.  Air rises, so if your butts highest that might also help.  

Also, find a scale and weigh yourself - might put a smile on your face.

Best,

Deidre

Arlio1207
on 9/18/13 12:48 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

after rny I also felt like I wa**** by a truck. It was painful. The only relief for gas is to walk. You have a brand new baby tummy. adding more to it wont help anything. walking my friend is the magic relief. I was on morphine for the pain, and after I left, hydromorph pills. lets hope they find u something for relief and u get to come home. I am sure they have your best interests at heart. They don't keep u in the hospital anymore unless they have to. And you just had major surgery. chin up sweetie, this hurdle is only one of many. All worth it in the end !!!

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics