Sleep Apnea Grrrrrrrr

kathycantwait
on 9/23/13 4:42 am - Canada

I saw Dr. Glazier today and I was informed that I have severe sleep apnea (I stop breathing 48 times a min). I'm not sure how I feel about this, I just thought it was laziness that I was so tired all the time however it turns out I had a real reason. So now I have a CPAP machine and have been given the green light for surgery, I see Dr.Hagen Sept.30 to get my date, I'm getting excited.

Sunny123
on 9/23/13 4:54 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I found out I have it too. 

It takes a night or two to get used to it but then you get to the point where you cannot sleep without it.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

mispysmom
on 9/23/13 5:01 am - elliot lake, Canada
I love ny cpap...i find it soooo soothing, at first i wanted to rip the thing right off my face lol just make sure u.get a good fitting.mask

Amanda

merry1
on 9/23/13 6:10 am - Canada

Im so used to mine now that I don't mind it at all.  I have the one with two cushion/pillows that fit in my nostrils.  Sometimes I wake up with creases on my face but that's the only problem I have with it, they usually are gone by the time I get to work.

kathycantwait
on 9/23/13 11:27 am - Canada

Thanks everyone I guess the only down fall is that it will probably scare my kids if they wake up at night, on the up side I'm sure it will work as a great birth control  as well....lol

Sunny123
on 9/23/13 7:57 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Yes it certainly impacts the romance - at least at my house it does.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, some people lose their apnea after weight loss.  I was told it depends on the type of apnea you have.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active
Recent Topics