calorie free broth??

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 5:23 am - elliot lake, Canada
I cant seem to find calorie free......only 10 cal...any thoughts??

Amanda

Katie M.
on 9/25/13 6:38 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

If you're through TWH as long as it's not over 10 calories it's fine. Not sure about other centres though!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 6:58 am - elliot lake, Canada
Im thru saint josephs....the paper says i.can.have broth....but.its listed under calorie.free liquids like.decalf tea and.coffee.....so im not sure.

Amanda

reenie33
on 9/25/13 6:41 am

Are you sure your not meaning low sodium?? I dont think there is a no calorie broth. Walden farms has a line of calorie free foods, dressings, and condiments, mayby you will find it there. BTW, the ranch and ceasar dressings are very good

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 6:59 am - elliot lake, Canada
Mmmm ranch lol

Amanda

KerryF.
on 9/25/13 6:58 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Toronto Western allows 10 cal    the OXO powder is individual each 10 cal

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 7:00 am - elliot lake, Canada
Ill call my.clinic tomoro....hopefully another person from saint.joes.reads this and knows lol

Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 7:04 am

I went through St. Joe's Toronto and it's low calorie so the 10 calorie stuff is fine.  I used a Blue Menu one and also the oxo instant packets.

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 7:05 am - elliot lake, Canada
Oooo thanks!!! Wht other stuff did u drink/eat?

Amanda

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 7:10 am

Drank lots of water and herbal tea and black coffee.  I did have some Crystal Light but prefer water over it.  I would add some of the approved veggies to the broth to make it more like a meal at dinner time.  Broccoli and celery and green peppers boiled up in the broth was good and I added in some spices as well.  I put lots of vinegar on cucumbers and would have them as well.  I ate SF jello maybe 3 times.  After the first week, I mostly just drank the shakes and didn't want anything else.