Gas pain

kristaeb
on 10/15/13 3:12 am

Hi , a friend of mine had her surgery just over a week ago. She has really bad gas pain between shoulders . Wait if anything can be taken? I didnt have gas pain hardly at all so i dont know what she can have..Thanks Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Catw
on 10/15/13 5:59 am - Arnprior, Canada

You didn't say where exactly the pain is, if it's lower shoulder area, it could be stomach gas.  For that you can try Gas-x (comes in strips) or papya enzyme.  Also could try a heating pad in the area.  But to keep walking and sipping it will come out.

If it's in the upper shoulder area, have her call the clinic, that could be something else.

Cathy

Leslie W.
on 10/15/13 5:59 am - Cobourg, Canada

Walk, walk and more walking. That gas is trapped under the tissues and not the stomach. Moving is the best thing.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
burg_vs
on 10/15/13 10:08 am
I had gas pain right up I to my shoulders for several days after. I passed most of my gas the second day but the shoulder pain remained. It is normal with this type of surgery. There is nothing really that I found worked other than walking to clear any residual pain. If it persists or if she is worried she should definitely contact her centre or family doc

kristaeb
on 10/15/13 11:36 am

Thank-you everyone. She kept walking and had a nice warm shower. She just called me and is tooting like crazy she said for the last 2 hours.. The pain was right up in between her shoulder blades. I told her to walk more . She didnt have a heating pad so the shower must have helped. She said she feels so much better now.  Thanks again...kiss..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics