Joining Curves

kristaeb
on 11/19/13 2:25 am

Hello, anyone here doing Curves? I go tonight after work for my first appointment. They have a free 30 day program right now, then $49 a month after that. Thanks Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Cottagenanny
on 11/19/13 2:49 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Hi Krista,   I am thinking of joining curves as well.  I haven't gone to see them yet, but I wondered if you can join just the exercise classes without the rest of the program they call Curves Complete - that includes meal planning and coaching, not too sure they can help with the meal planning for me after I have the surgery??

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

kristaeb
on 11/19/13 3:05 am

Hi, i was thinking the same that the meal planning is different, but i will take them my meal plans with my guide lines and maybe see what they say. It cant hurt, and i would like to hear what say about my carb and protein intake while on their program. I will post later tonight and let you know how it goes. Curves is right around the corner from my house , so very convenient for me to go home after work make dinner for my husband etc, then head straight there. kiss..Thanks Krista..

Cottagenanny
on 11/19/13 3:19 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Well good luck Krista.     Can you let us know what they say?   Thanks.

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

kristaeb
on 11/19/13 8:57 am

I really enjoyed my first visit. She was very informed , and made me feel comfortable.. I think it will be the right choice for me..Krista..

reenie33
on 11/19/13 3:58 am

hiya Krista been a long time and many pounds gonedi!!! I used to go to curves I liked it. I go to the "Y" now.  Anyhow I did the 30 day deal too, but where they really grab you is with the sign up fee, I flat out told them that I would have to walk (pun intended) so they nixed the sign up fee which was beauty to save like 100 bucks...... try it, tell em you want to sign up and really like it and that they are oh so ever helpful....but sadly just cannot afford the regristration fee. Let me know how it works for you

kristaeb
on 11/19/13 8:47 am

Hi Reenie, ya the sign up fee just nails the 30 day free. I really cant afford the fee right now so i will call her back tomorrow and see what she says..Thanks hun, you are doing great.kiss

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 11/19/13 5:10 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

Hi, I joined Curves a couple of months ago.  I was just about a year post op and hadn't really kicked up the exercise levels.  I go a minimum 3 times a week, sometimes 4...I always shoot for 5 lol!

I like Curves for many reasons.

1) all women of all ages and of all level of fitness

2) I drive my son to school, keep my shoes in my car and make sure I wear exercise clothing every morning..much harder to make an excuse for not going when you're all dressed and have your shoes in the back seat.

I hate gyms, I hate exercising ...I hate waiting for a machine and I don't want to have to think about what I should do and when or for how long...Curves is for people like me...no thinking required, no waiting, its fast, it does the job..It adds about 200 cal to mfp's daily totals and I'm done in 30 minutes...Its perfect!!!

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

kristaeb
on 11/19/13 8:50 am

Thank-you Natalie, i think i will really enjoy it...Krista..

Michele T.
on 11/19/13 5:14 am - Canada

Hey Krista,

Have fun at curves you are doing great by the way :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics