What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/13 5:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've never had infusions and it's never been mentioned.  I have been battling low B12 and/or ferritin since about 2000.  I have zero symptoms of them being low so my doctors have always been amazed that I have tons of energy, sleep so little yet my blood work numbers suck.  Low iron just started about 2 years ago then it went normal for a bit now back to lower than normal.  My mother, sister, brother, niece and cousin all have a blood disorder that affects hemoglobin and iron but apparently I have been tested and I don't have it but I think I may ask to be tested again to make sure. Their numbers are always low but don't really experience the symptoms that someone without the blood disorder do so I think it makes sense that I may have it since I experience no symptoms either.

I had a vaginal hysterectomy, released in less than 24 hours and back to work the day after.  Now I didn't lift anything for my job so it was zero recovery to go back. I had more pain from my tubal than from my hysterectomy and my tubal was a walk in the park so this was even easier.  Hopefully if you need a hysterectomy that they can do it vaginally as you really heal fast.  Still have lifting restrictions of course but nothing outside to heal and other than some swelling inside, you have no idea anything was even done.

kellybelly333
on 12/3/13 5:42 am - Toronto, Canada

Oh Tracey, I forgot you told me that!! And that was just the uterus yes? I don't want menopause yet. Thanks for saying that, I completely forgot you told me already.

Infusions were never mentioned to me either, I advocated for them, simply because I wanted to get my numbers up fast (as I had been forewarned by a few RNYers who didn't take their iron, and regretted it by having low iron issues until they had one or two infusions). I didn't figure that I would end up not absorbing iron at all...so i'm glad I advocated.

Like you, I don't have the symptoms either and get the general response of, "You ran a marathon with ferritin of 2 and iron of 5?" LOL. The only thing right now is that I think it's affecting my sleep, and being able to fall back to sleep. Just got some melatonin drops, and we'll see how that helps.

You're right, I do heal well, so I should consider it. I asked Dr. Aarts if I could get an ablation done at the same time as my hernia (??? still not exactly sure what to call this next surgery) fix. She said no.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/13 5:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Uterus and cervix are gone but ovaries are still there.  I had hot flashes 2 days after surgery for a few weeks then everything went back to normal.  I was 41 when I had mine so didn't want surgery induced menopause if I didn't have to but my ovaries were in good shape so he left them. I'm 47 now and if I am in perimenopause I have no symptoms of that either.  My older sister told me I might even be done as she was done at 45 and had no symptoms and my mom was done at 43 with just a few hot flashes.  Youngest sis is 45 and is having more symptoms than any of us ever had but they figure she will be done in the next year too.

Julia P.
on 12/2/13 10:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

RNY, 1 Year Post Op

Good morning, everyone!  Barb, sounds like you have a fun day planned - enjoy the show!

I just got back from my 10KM treadmill run at the gym.  Here are my eats for today:

B - Protein bar pre-run, 1 poached egg and with ketchup post run

S - Cheesestring herb/garlic, 2 turkey pepperettes

L - Tuna salad with melba toast, spinach salad

S - Carrots with hummus, protein drink w/ banana

D - Chicken with cheese and salsa

S - SF Jello, Cottage cheese with cinnamon/splenda

Totals - 1743 calories, 120g carbs, 63g fat, 180g protein

Have a great day!

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/13 11:25 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Barb since you like to keep busy, take a road trip to see me and help me pick kitchen stuff out :)  The three of us completely gutted the kitchen yesterday so the boys are doing the electrical and hopefully the first sheets of drywall can start going back up.  This whole house even inside walls were done in shiplap so no going down to the studs, what a nightmare for doing electrical now as we want to add a lot of lighting and more outlets.  I whined and now am getting what I want. Eating is all messed up but here is the best plan I have so far.

B - 1/2 blueberry bagel because it got too brown in the toaster for the sucks so I ate half even though I hate blueberry bagels

S - GNC protein shake

L - minestrone soup, ham and cheese and pickle roll ups x 2, maybe some of that weird salad that hubby hates, gotta fini**** sometime

S - 1/2 quest protein bar

D -  Italian chicken with plum tomatoes, garlic and artichokes, green salad with balsamic

Tons and tons of coffee as I am not sleeping more than a few hours each night.

birdiegirl
on 12/3/13 4:15 am

My next road trip is going to be with the car heading south....not North!!!!.....even though we would have fun picking things out.....

I would be interested to find out re the new iron supplement if it help you

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/13 5:02 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You definitely don't want to come north.  It's cold and we have snow again.  Contractor is now staying til Friday to hopefully get all the drywall and taping, mudding and sanding done.  We priced out our flooring at every place in Timmins and it's 45% higher up here than in New Liskeard so I just ordered it all from there and our contractor will pick it up and bring with him next week. 

I will let you know if the carbonyl ends up working.

Most Active
Recent Topics