What could it be

new_me180
on 12/30/13 1:15 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Been feeling a little funny since before xmas. I thought it was just one of those things. So, for a few days now, I've been having really bad nausea which gets worse after eating or drinking anything. I tried to take some gravol but, that just made me sedated and still nauseous. Last night was horrible, although i have suspected gallstones, I had the worst pain in my left shoulder and no matter what I did, could not get rid of the pain. My tummy hurts a little and gurgles a lot after I eat. Called the center yesterday and the nurse didn't know what to make of it and to try full liquids for a few days and see how that goes. Was just wondering if this could be a gall bladder attack or something else. The nausea is the most bothersome issue right now though. Any replies would he helpful. Thanks.

Katie M.
on 12/30/13 7:34 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Hmm... I've had issues with nausea off an on, it seemed to be coming randomly before/after eating and sometimes waking up in the middle of the night with it. Gravol helped, but knocked me out cold. I finally figured out it was dehydration and had to go to the hospital to get some fluids. Since then I haven't had the nausea. But I didn't have pain... The full liquids sounds like a good place to start, because if it is dehydration that will help rehydrate you. But if the pain doesn't go away or gets worse I'd definitely make an appointment with your doctor or call your centre again to see if they have any other ideas. I've never had a gallbladder attack but I've heard it's pretty excruciating, hopefully that's not what you've got!! 

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

new_me180
on 12/31/13 3:21 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I've been pretty good with fluids since the last time I was admitted for dehydration. I do 64 oz sometimes more of fluids. Even the fluids make me nauseous though. I haven't had nausea this bad since surgery two months ago and I've been tolerating every food on the plan to date without any problems. I will watch and wait and see if it gets worse, hopefully it resolves its self soon. I hate going to the hospital.

Monica M.
on 12/30/13 8:46 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

are you passing gas ok? bowels regular?

new_me180
on 12/31/13 3:14 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Oh I'm tooting alright. My bowels are as regular as they could be after surgery. I drink 64 oz sometimes maybe more.

Monica M.
on 12/31/13 4:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

well that's good. Don't know what it could be, then. Ulcer, perhaps gall bladder (tho that's QUITE painful)

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/13 6:02 am

Get some ginger tea or the natural ginger Gravol as it will help with nausea and not knock you out.  I keep it in my purse as I often get that feeling and it makes it pass.  Could you be getting one of the many stomach viruses going around?  I know of a few people that have had them and they were all mostly very nauseated for over a week.

new_me180
on 12/31/13 7:03 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I was never a big tea drinker and I have some grated ginger that I've been putting in my water with not too much luck. Maybe it's a virus like you said. Hope it passes soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics