Ottawa Civic Hospital

providence
on 1/8/14 11:11 am
RNY on 03/20/14

I am rather new on here, so please forgive me I am not exactly sure how to navigate. Nor, do I know how to get the ticker at the bottom of the screen. Any advice for that would be appreciated.

However, my actual inquiry is, in terms of those having surgery at Ottawa Civic Hospital. I am just wondering about surgery dates. I saw the surgeon on Dec 3rd, but have yet to hear about a surgery date. I called and was basically told don't call us, we'll call you. To that end, I am wondering if anyone who may be having surgery in Ottawa and has seen the surgery on or around Dec 3rd has heard anything, in terms of a surgery date. I am getting frustrated and while I know this is a waiting process, I began mine in November 2012 and have yet to be given a date. I have "passed" all the tests and don't have many health problems, other than obesity. Any information shared would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Jiliana2
on 1/8/14 11:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I'm in Ottawa and I met my surgeon (Dr. Yelle) on November 12. I did tell him that I was going away in January so that modified my surgery date; they could have squeezed me in before Christmas but because I'm going away, we needed to pu**** later. 

I got called at the end of November and I was booked for surgery on February 3. I picked up my Opti today, and I start it on Monday morning for three weeks. 

I know someone else on this forum met the surgeon around early December and has a date shortly after me... and someone else has a date before me I believe. 

I don't know if this helps you but it's what I know of my situation. I hope you get a call SOON!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

providence
on 1/8/14 11:29 am
RNY on 03/20/14

Thank you so much for the information. I am going to give them another call tomorrow, as one of the gals who was at the Sugeon meeting with me on Dec 3rd also has her date, which is February 27th. I am getting really anxious, wondering if there is something wrong or something they are not telling me. Again, I thank you and best of luck with everything. Cheers! :)

Farcol03
on 1/9/14 1:59 am - Canada

I just had my surgery this Monday with dr yelle. I saw the surgeon in October and was called in dec. with my date jan 6

x5tabbitha5x
on 1/15/14 1:59 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14
Hey, my surgery date is feb 3rd with dr. Yelle as well! See ya there surgery buddy!

willotree
on 1/15/14 8:52 am - Canada

Did you get your date yet? I saw Dr.Yelle on December 10th and have also been waiting to hear about my surgery date. Twiddling my thumbs, wondering when i will get the call!

providence
on 1/15/14 11:31 am
RNY on 03/20/14

Hi there willowtree, no I have not gotten a date yet. I did call and they said they couldn't tell me anything other than I had not been "missed". I am trying to be very patient but it is difficult. One of the lady's who saw the surgeon the same day as me has her date already. It is February 27th, she got lucky and reached someone who said "while I have you on the phone we can arrange your surgery date". I, however have not been that fortunate. I am going to wait until the end of January and call them again. Other wise it is just a waiting game. For me it has been 14 months since the initial referral to the Bariatric Centre. If I hear anything I will post on here, if you wouldn't mind perhaps you could do the same if you hear something. Best Wishes and thanks for responding!

providence
on 1/20/14 8:51 am
RNY on 03/20/14

Hi there, just wondering if you have had any word back from the Ottawa Clinic? I still have had no word. Becoming more anxious by the minute.,,

Most Active
Recent Topics