Is something stuck?

Northernlightsmom
on 3/2/14 9:49 pm, edited 3/2/14 9:51 pm - Canada

I am three weeks post op today. This morning I woke up and as every other day, I have been sipping on my water. I am very uncomfortable and feel like all the water is sitting in my pouch (know it prob is not though). I feel like I have a ball sitting in there. The only thing I did was take my prevacid and 1 stool softener with my water.

I have had no complications and food and liquids have been going down pretty well up until now. Does anyone know what this may be and how I can relieve the discomfort?

It is kind of a scary feeling. Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.

Thanks, Tara

*** Last night I did eat a couple of mini melba toast bites. Could they be stuck in there? Ugggghhhhhhh

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Katie M.
on 3/2/14 10:09 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

How are your bowel movements? Sometimes if I'm overly constipated it feels like whatever I just ate or drank just sits and doesn't move, like things are too backed up. Try standing up and stretching your arms above your head. If you chewed the melba toast well enough it would just be mushy liquid so it's probably not that... If you're at home and able to, try lying down on your left side for a bit and see if that helps. It could just be your pouch is feeling grumpy this morning, maybe something irritated it yesterday and you're just feeling it now. If you start throwing up or the pain gets worse, don't hesitate to call your centre!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Northernlightsmom
on 3/2/14 10:13 pm - Canada

Thanks Katie,

I have not been as "regular" as I used to be and probably am a little backed up. Hopefully that is it. I am home today and will try laying on my left side.

Thanks again, Tara

Sunny123
on 3/3/14 5:02 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Cold water feels weird in my pouch. I drink it at room temp.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Northernlightsmom
on 3/3/14 10:13 am - Canada

That might be it. Gonna try room temp water tomorrow.

Thanks

Teapooch
on 3/6/14 11:09 am - Canada

I am 3 weeks post op today.. looking for some rny buddies to talk to that are at similar timeframes as me.  I have experienced the same feelings. . It is so scary when you feel alone.. I am having issues with dumping and constipation.

Most Active
Recent Topics