Help!

Tammystrong
on 4/3/14 5:03 am

I had my gastric bypass March 28 2014 .It seems every time I drink a premier protein shake from Costco I get gas ?? Does anyone else have this problem?

Catw
on 4/3/14 5:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

Have you tried any other shakes?  Do you have any problems with any other milk based drinks?  I didn't have problems with the Premier drinks, but that's because I couldn't drink them (can't have anything milk based).  But some people have noticed that they are more sensitive to milk post surgery.  As long as you are drinking small sips slowly out of a glass, I'm not sure what, other than it being milk based, might cause the gas.

Cathy

Tammystrong
on 4/3/14 6:05 am

I haven't tried other shakes but I think it's time to try something without milk! Thanks

reenie33
on 4/3/14 9:06 am

I use weider daily protein and fiber. You can get it at shoppers drug mart. You mix it with water and it is like a juice. It is around 20 bucks and I do one a day sometimes not. It will last a month. It is very refreshing, and thirst quenching.

2forsue
on 4/4/14 2:54 pm

I mix my protein with lactose free milk and don't seem to have any problems.  My surgery was March 27.  I use the Unjury unflavoured protein powder and add flavours to it.  I don't enjoy it that much, but it works!  Gas-x should help with the gas.  What does your weight management clinic say about treating gas?

Suzie 

Most Active
Recent Topics