OPTI - Day 3

jennie_jay
on 4/12/14 11:00 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 05/02/14

Good Morning! I started OPTI on Friday. Off the bat, not a big fan, although I prefer the vanilla over the chocolate. I drank the first 2 with nothing added. The third I added a teaspoon of decaf instant coffee and it was ok. I didn't drink the 4th. Instead, I ate some celery, drank a bottle of water and went to bed. Yesterday, I only drank 2 shakes and ate celery twice. I've been drinking tons of water and peeing like crazy! But I'm just not hungry...or not hungry for OPTI? I have physically felt hungry, but have kept busy to keep my mind off of my growling belly! Overall I feel ok. I've had a couple of headaches and felt a bit more tired. 

My question is: How important is it that I drink all 4 shakes everyday? 

Thanks all! Happy Sunday!!! 

Jen

HW: 321lbs (Nov 2013) SW: 313.5lbs CW: 237lbs and counting.... 

RNY: May 2, 2014 - Dr. Sohi @ HRRH

Laurie C.
on 4/12/14 11:24 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Jen:

Please drink the Opti.  You signed on for the program, they are always perfecting the program, it's good for you, it shrinks the fat around your liver to make the area more accessible for your surgery.  Please drink the OPTI  you need the calories and the protein.  Please drink the OPTI.

Thinking only of you and your health going into a life changing surgery.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Monica9811
on 4/12/14 11:27 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Jen you definitely need to get 3 optis in. It is crucial. I didn't always do the 4 the one but I always did 3. Your body needs the nutrients. Last thing you want is to get run down and sick and have them cancel the surgery until you are better. Good luck. 

on 4/12/14 11:35 pm - Canada

It is super important for you to drink the 4 shakes a day.  You have to do this because they want to shrink your liver to make room so they can do your surgery.  Believe me it gets better.  I start my 4th week on Tuesday.  The first 3 days for me were hard but I put the instant decat coffee in mine added ice and I also added a little more water that thinned it out a bit so that it did not taste so much like cake batter.  The headachs finally left me after the 3rd day.  You can do this!  Goodluck  :-)  Val

jennie_jay
on 4/12/14 11:42 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 05/02/14

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it. Going forward...I WILL DRINK ALL OF MY OPTI! I already have the first one down! Thank you again! 

Cheers

HW: 321lbs (Nov 2013) SW: 313.5lbs CW: 237lbs and counting.... 

RNY: May 2, 2014 - Dr. Sohi @ HRRH

Laurie C.
on 4/13/14 2:09 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

hooray

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/14 2:04 am

It is called Optifast 900 meaning 4 shakes equals 900 cal per day. They tell you to drink 4 for a reason, please follow what you are to do. They are the experts. If your liver is not small enough when they look, they can refuse to do the surgery

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/14 3:31 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I am like you and hate the taste.  If you add flavouring like MIO it tastes much better.  I added  cherry and it is so much better.  I still drink them in one shot holding my breath so i do not smell them.  I have three days left as my surgery is Wednesday.  It gets easier to tolerate the taste and it is important to drink them so you have enough vitamins to help heal after surgery.

Good luck!

beemyne7
on 4/13/14 4:01 am - Canada

Crystal light was my saving grace...it's delicious!! Makes it go down so much easier!!

Good luck!

Beemyne7   broken heart 

otmama
on 4/13/14 10:58 am
RNY on 04/30/14

My surgeon gave me a handout with my prescription that said that if you don't drink all 4 shakes per day that you could start losing muscle which could interfere with healing and proper weight loss after surgery - so happy you decided to start drinking them all!  I am on day 5 and I totally agree with how gross they are!  The vanilla makes me gag but thankfully I only bought 2 boxes of it.  The only way I can drink them is with blended with 1c water, 1c ice and 2 Tbsp of Torani sugar free syrup (English toffee in the vanilla and peppermint in the chocolate).  Good luck!!!

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Most Active
Recent Topics