6 weeks post op and UTI or kidney stones??

needmylifeback
on 5/14/14 9:32 am

Sorry if this is tmi for some, but I need to ask

I am 6 weeks post op and have felt great the past few weeks. Today I noticed I had to use the washroom more often, then about and hour later I notice the toilet bowl full of blood. The frequency of the need to go increased as did the PAIN. The pain was only in the groin area and lower back.

I went to my local hospital and they took a urine sample but the results cam back saying too much blood to get a full scan, so I am waiting  24 hours for the results of another test to come back.

I was sent home on antibiotics and told to drink lots of water and if I don't feel better in 3 days or get worse to come back.

I noticed on this web site, UTI's and kidney stones seem common. Has anyone had this recently

thanks

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

jaxie77
on 5/14/14 12:02 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey , 

I have not had surgery yet so I cannot give you any advice on post op stuff . I have , however ,had a UTI .(not fun at all )  The blood in urine and the lower back pain does sound like that's what this could be . Any pain as you urinate??....Although with you having just had surgery , im glad you went straight to hospital . How are you feeling now ? Has it eased any ? It's kind of reassuring that they just gave you antibiotics and sent you home . They were obviously not too alarmed , so as long as you are resting up and feeling ok , I probably wouldnt worry too much . Hope you feel better and everything comes back normal . Then you can get back to your journey ! Just a wee bump in the road !!Take care

Jax  x

m1randa55
on 5/14/14 12:09 pm - Brantford, Canada

I have kidney stones. It is horrible pain while one is passing, but almost immediate relief once it's passed. With a kidney stone, I did not feel the urge to pee more often, just pain, pain, pain like back labour. That is just my experience.

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Hennagirliegirl
on 5/16/14 8:19 am - Canada

I had a UTI one week post op, then another one last week ( 6 months post op ) Strange indeedie.

If it were a stone moving you would be doubled over.

Increase your flds and take all of the antibiotics

Terri

Test