Support Group

JacquieM
on 6/10/14 11:29 pm - North York, Canada

Newbie waiting for surgery date, met up with a support group last night with a beautiful bunch of women. Thanks for letting me join you group. Looking forward to our next meeting. WOW I am excited!

Lorraine M.
on 6/11/14 2:24 am - Canada

Welcome Jacquie! We are so excited to watch and support you through your journey. You will find wonderful people on this forum. It gave me a wealth of information. Looking forward to seeing you next month. Good luck at your orientation. 

Judy L.
on 6/11/14 2:35 am - Toronto, Canada

It was great meeting you Jacquie!  Looking forward to seeing you next month. 

JacquieM
on 6/16/14 4:37 am - North York, Canada

yah, I'm soooooo excited!

Dreamy74
on 6/11/14 5:40 am
RNY on 02/04/15

I am pre-surgery and just started on my journey.  I would like to come too.  Do we have to register or can we just show up?  This is the TWH one, right?

Lorraine M.
on 6/11/14 7:01 am - Canada

Hi Dreamy74,

We are not associated with any particular centre. Most of us went through Humber Finch or TWH for our surgeries but that is probably because of where we all live (Toronto gta west end/Etobicoke). Everyone is welcome to attend. Our next group coffeechat is tentatively set for July 8th 6pm at the Tim Hortens Lawrence just east of Weston rd.

We are a very informal support group. We discuss any issues someone may want to talk about. We are open to anyone who wants to attend. I will post the date and time for our group a few days ahead and then a reminder the day of.

Having a good support group is very important to our success. It has helped me many times talking to someone who has "walked in the same shoes".

We would love to see you there!

Lori_Lee
on 6/11/14 9:20 am - Canada

Awe Jacquie, your more than welcome at our group!

i know exactly how you feel, being just over a year out the ladies at this group were my support and my Angels from the start. They were there to bounce ideas, share concerns and laugh at the crazy things along the way. They took me under there wings and with their support, showed me how I could fly.

As a small but supper supportive group, you will be in great company.

Cheers!

Lori Lee 

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

JacquieM
on 6/16/14 4:35 am - North York, Canada

You ladies are AWESOME!!!!!!  I can't wait for our next meeting, hopefully I will have an appointment set for something other than orientation. See you guys soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics