2 years, now Acarbose

Laurie C.
on 6/11/14 11:20 pm - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi all:

I had an apt with Dr. glazer yesterday and my 2 year check ups.  Nothing had changed for me, my weight was the same and my waist measurement the same as last year.

Dr. Glazer is starting me on Acarbose 50 mg three times daily and the dietician told me I should increase my carbs at each meal.  I am obsessed with my intake and seldom cheat so I have to increase my total daily calories to 1200 daily.  Holy Crap!!  I use both my Fitbit and My Fitness Pal every day and I warned them both that I had better not gain any weight on this new regime, lol.

This should stop the hypoglycemic attacks and the passing out, it's either this or stop walking and aqua fit and that isn't going to happen.  We all know what happens if we stop moving right?

Anybody have any experience with Acarbose?

2 years and still happy, happy, happy!!!!!!

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

NorthernStar
on 6/12/14 4:53 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Glad to hear you had a good 2 year checkup!

No experience with Acarbose, do you mind me asking what it's for?

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Laurie C.
on 6/12/14 8:12 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Hi: 

In my case the Acarbose or glucobay is to slow down the breakdown of carbohydrates.  My system puts in too much insulin and my blood sugars go

really low.  I am also supposed to increased my carbs to 40-45 grams at every meal.  This should help stop me from fainting from low blood sugars.

Thanks for asking

Laurie

Karen M.
on 6/12/14 9:14 am - Mississauga, Canada

Laurie, I really hope this fixes the black-outs. So dangerous! As for the 1200 calories per day - I easily eat that and maintain, I'm sure it won't be an issue. Your body may go through a little "wtf" stage, but I'm hopeful (for your sanity) that it levels out. Good luck!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Laurie C.
on 6/12/14 9:55 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Thanks Karen

Laurie

Most Active
Recent Topics