Water retention

Kittykatt1329
on 6/30/14 10:02 am - Alfred, Canada

I'm 5.5 post op, drinking all the liquids suppose to, and I don't seem to have to go to the bathroom alot.  Even before surgery, when I drank all my water I was up once or twice a night, since surgery I haven't had to do this. . One issue seems that in the latest heat wave the water seems to be coming our of my pours in my bum, my husband thought other day I peed my pants but didn't.   My ankles are not swollen,  so not sure where the water is going. As well weight loss slowed down as well in last 2.5 weeks, I don't know if one has to do with other and thinking of maybe going on water pills... any advice? 

Robyn R.
on 6/30/14 11:08 am - Bowmanville, Canada

See a physician before you try water pills. Everyone retains water in this weather & it might not always be seen in your ankles

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Catw
on 7/1/14 1:05 am - Arnprior, Canada

It sound like you are dehydrated to a degree.  Your water is all going through your pores as you are sweating it out.  If you notice your urine darker lately, it will confirm it.   With the extra heat lately, you'll need to up your water.  Especially if you are doing any activity.  By increasing your water, it will help you go back to normal.  I don't know by how much, as that will depend on the heat and activity level.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 7/1/14 1:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Diuretics are a last resort. This humidity causes many people to retain water, including myself. Increase your water intake if you're able and ensure your sodium intake is low. Hang in there!

P.S. Amazing where we can sweat from, eh? LOL 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Katie M.
on 7/1/14 1:50 am - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

Yup, the heat will do it as others have stated - I don't notice any swelling right now in myself but I just feel it. The solution is to drink water constantly, always have your water in your hand and be sipping on it. I find the minimum the centres recommend is not even close to what I need to keep from retaining, so it took me awhile to figure out what my magic number of litres was. It's a process, and the further out the get the more you'll be able to drink. Just keep sipping! Your weight loss slowing down is normal, and you may notice quite a few inches dropping now. I lose actual pounds very slowly, but I've lost inches like crazy even when the scale wasn't moving. You'll suddenly see a big drop in numbers and then it picks up again, then slows down, picks up... It's a cycle for sure :)

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

Kittykatt1329
on 7/1/14 2:45 am - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Cathy I will keep that in mind 

Kittykatt1329
on 7/1/14 2:43 am - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Karen... I will wait till heat wave over and see what happens...I may have to get depends. .. lol 

Kittykatt1329
on 7/1/14 2:41 am - Alfred, Canada

Thanks Katie,  I have been drinking non stop... and no issues with water going down... I will wait till heat wave over and see from there... thanks 

Most Active
Recent Topics