Dolly K.
on 7/10/14 4:04 am

Hello,

I am a new member and would lik to say hi to everyone. I have been going through the blog and really appriciate the help, knoweldge that you guys are spreading. Hopefully my doctor will send the referral today! Looking forward to be the way I used to look 25 years ago :)

Karen M.
on 7/10/14 10:46 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum! Lots of good information and support here.

Looking like you did 25 years ago? I dunno about that. I've aged a lot since then. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

4-Jane
on 7/10/14 9:56 pm - Canada

Welcome to the forum, you may not look like you did ever again but you will look healthier, and this process is meant to be about health.  So here's to the healthier you, and your journey..... Congrats

Respectfully Jane
Catw
on 7/10/14 10:13 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the board, you'll find lots of info and support here.

Cathy

Dolly K.
on 7/11/14 12:17 am

Thank you Karen Jane and Cathy.

Linsie
on 7/11/14 6:56 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

This really is THE best forum and support group - forget family and friends (well no don't do that..lol). While my family and friends are supportive, they haven't been through this process, they don't know what i'm experiencing, they don't know what to really say other than "it'll be ok". What's nice is people on here are incredible, they are supportive, and offer advice and ideas of things you may never think of! Welcome to the start of your new journey and life!

Dolly K.
on 7/12/14 6:46 am

That is so true Linsie. My sister went through the same procedure about 2 years and now I think I did not provide her the support she needed at that time. We were there for her but not enough. I remember telling her that you are taking easy way out but I will support you whatever you decide. We supported her to get better but did not actually realize what her body was going through that time. I know she was alway on this Forum reading stuff... and forcing us to read it lol. She received more support from the group than from us. BTW my doctor still not have sent my referal. I am going to see him tomorrow morning. He is too busy to do the paperwork.  He had me do GI and all the stuff but referral sheet is still sitting on his desk. Hopefully monday morning I will have me fax it while I am there.