wellbutrin

tabno1
on 7/11/14 9:06 am - barrie, Canada

hi all

i am six weeks post op and still taking my wlbutrin xl for depression.  dr glazer said they would be fine.  when i went for my four week check up the rn told me i have to take immediate release.  wellbutrin does not come on immediate release.  any suggestion because i am very cranky

Referral - Sept 23rd, Resent Referral - Oct 29th - Orientation Nov 18/13, Dr Hyuhn Nov 26  -  SW/RN/RD - DEC 20TH - DR GLAZER FEB 25/13 Surgery Date: June 3, 2014

HW:252 OPTI W:224  SW 212 CW:205.5

snid457
on 7/11/14 9:06 pm - Canada

I might be wrong, but I thought that for Wellbutrin the 100 and 200 mg tablets were both immediate release and only the 300 mg tablets were extended release. Maybe call the pharmacy and ask?

Good luck!

Lorraine

LilyBugsMommy
on 7/12/14 12:23 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I use Webutrin & take the non long-release type. That was what was advised to me by the Ottawa clinic. And they said if it was a really large dose, say 300, to have it split into 2 doses for the day, to take at different times.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Needanewbeginning
on 7/14/14 1:31 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I take Wellbutrin as well, in two doses a day, 150 mg. they are slow release and apparently this is the only way they are manufactured, extended release. Originally Dr Glazer said I had to go off them and use a different anti depressant, that wasn't going to happen for me. I researched as much as I could and even had the Glaxo rep contact Dr Glazer so he could be informed on how this product works for RNY patients. Its great to see Dr Glazer is still giving his approval to take Wellbutrin. Please only follow Dr Glazer or your Dr who prescribes your Wellbutrin and not the nurse at your bariactric centre. They mean well, but honestly they shouldn't be making recommendations like this to you.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics