What to do with my social media!!

Freshlila
on 9/5/14 3:48 am

Hey guys!! First thing I wanted to say was...My surgery got date got changed from Feb to November 19nth YAAY!!

Next I wanted some possible advice please!!

I started making YouTube videos to share in a light silly way what it's like to be a big girl and it's lots of fun I don't really get that many views but I have a blast doing it and all my friends on social media know about it, I just realized that I have no idea what to tell anyone after surgery when my focus of the videos is going to change I guess, and I'll hopefully be losing weight lol. Do you think I should just stop making videos? I don't want to tell my social media groups about the Rny just as a personal preference, but now I feel like I dug a question grave lol. 

Thanks your opinions are always awesome and I appreciate it all!!!

Heres my link if any of you want to see what I mean !! 😭😭

http://youtu.be/mQUZZh-0G5E

Catw
on 9/5/14 4:36 am - Arnprior, Canada

It's up to you wether you want to stop the videos or not.  You won't be able to the "big girl" thing any more though.  If you want to continue doing videos, you could do a "series finale" saying Good Bye to the Big Girl! just before your surgery date. You don't have to say that you've had WLS if you don't want to.  You could just make a statement that you have decided that you need to change your life style, and you need to let go of the Big Girl.  Then document how you are feeling as you progress in your journey with your new lifestyle.

If you do decide to keep the blog, it would be one way to watch yourself then and now, as well as the progression that you made.  Even if you make them and not post them.

I wish you the best in your decision.

Cathy

Freshlila
on 9/5/14 6:50 pm

Hey Cathy!!!! Thank you for your reply!! I will consider what you said and it seems very logical!! Thank You :)))

jaxie77
on 9/5/14 5:25 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Fresh !! 

Lol ! I love it ! You are hilarious ! Yes keep going with that ! Why not ? It will be awesome to look back and see how far you have came . This journey is gonna be a long one and I'm sure there will be loads of video worthy moments / milestones along the way ! I love the you tube videos and I'm sure you will help some people with your sense of fun and lighthearted approach to this experience . 

Keep it up girl ! 

P.s .......how did your date get changed ?? A cancelation? ? 

Man I hope for one of those !!! Well done you :) 

Jax xx

Freshlila
on 9/5/14 6:52 pm

HEY GIRL HEY!!!

Thanks that's so sweet :'( (happy tears)  I really appreciate your sweet words and you motivate me to try harder! Thank you I feel much better about it all!!

Alsoo YES I TOTALLY CALLED AND ASKED FOR CANCELLATIONS AND after the 3rd to 4th try they found one!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your appointment on the 10nth right!!!?? I think there will be a few cancellations because I had some options for dates!!

jaxie77
on 9/6/14 10:22 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Awesome !! Yes my appointment is Wednesday !!! I am excited but also nervous ......I'm nervous of hearing a date away into next summer ( from what I've been hearing lately that's the way it's headed ) ......I can handle it of course but my referral was received last sept so that may almost be 2 years ! But .....like you say ...There may be some earlier dates available ....gotta put my positivity knickers on and get on with it !!! Lol .....

Anyway chicky ...keep up the good work and I'll chat with you soon xx

Jax xxxx

Freshlila
on 9/7/14 9:40 am

Wednesday will be an awesome day!!!!!

I know the backlog may seem crazy but I think once you get your date it will be the most at ease relaxing sensation ever!! 

And bang, that will be it no more worrying about appointments just waiting for the big day!!

I can't wait to share the feeling with you!!

please keep me posted!!!!!

NorthernStar
on 9/6/14 12:34 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I checked out your page - very funny!! How you proceed is totally up to you. It's just like people in real life. Some may be accepting, some negative, you don't know how people react until you tell them. If/when you tell them is your call. You mention you don't want to tell them, and that's totally fine. When you lose weight of course people will notice and you may change how you feel, or you may not. It's your life and your business.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Freshlila
on 9/7/14 9:36 am

Thank you for the awesome post, you're right my outlook may completely change!! So I will continue to do what I love in my spare time and take it day by day as it's a more positive issue then a negative one!! Yaaay!!

AND THANKS FOR CALLING ME FUNNY, SO SWEET!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics