1st Opti

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/16/14 2:04 am - Georgetown, Canada

Just a few questions.......

-does it go foamy without ice or did inuse the wrong magic bullet blade?

-can we add protein powder to it. I have only one in and I am feeling wonky like low sugar levels.

Thanks for the help.

Solstice
on 11/16/14 8:39 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

Hi there, I have been on opti-fast since thursday. I am a Guelphie.  I use a blender bottle, with the wire ball, and ice and it works great. Great for on the go too.  We can't get too fussy with our additions, but there is enough protein in it, you should not need to add any. Before adding anything, ask your bariatric clinic. Getting use to not gnawing' on anything btw.

Solstice

Can_Lil_Saint
on 11/17/14 1:53 am, edited 11/17/14 1:53 am - Georgetown, Canada

Thanks Solstice for the help.  I found that just shaking the darn stuff it goes foamy so I will have to live with it.  I also found that my mindset was wrong when I was consuming it.  I was waiting 4 hours before the next one but I didn't have any snacks to go with it.

Do you know why we have to consume it right away after mixing it?  Does it go bad or something?

Solstice
on 11/17/14 5:31 am
RNY on 11/27/14

Yes it will, it needs to be refrigerated and consumed within 24 hours. There is likely a degradation of nutrients too. Its like if you mix up skim milk powder and leave it out, it will go bad.

Solstice

Most Active
Recent Topics