Gurgling

Zavz
on 12/2/14 10:18 pm - Canada

I am one week away from being 1 year post op. On Monday I had my 1 year follow up at HRRH. Came away with no useful information. For the past 2 weeks when ever I drink any thing my pouch gurgles very loudly. Only when I drink, never when I eat. Have had nothing like this up till now. Does anyone know what this is about. The clinic says they have never heard of this before (which I Find hard to believe) and regardless just blew me off. 

Needanewbeginning
on 12/2/14 11:28 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Oh I tell you, mine is so loud it's embarrassing if I am around people, lol!  I was in a meeting a couple of weeks ago, was drinking my tea and the chairman of our meeting who sat at the other end of a large boardroom table looked up and said does someone need to eat? 

Not sure when I started to notice these loud gurgles but they are still there now at 18 months out. I think your pretty normal pal. Congrats on your one year surgaversary, you have done very well!! 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Zavz
on 12/3/14 12:51 am - Canada

Thanks Annette. I have heard other people say it happens. I think the part that worried me was that it didn't happen for the first 50 weeks and now it is. And my continued worry that no questions ever get answered from HRRH. Before surgery I had a history of ulcers. So I wondered if this new gurgling had some to do with ulcers. 

Karen M.
on 12/3/14 2:10 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hmm... not sure. My gut has gurgled since surgery and still does over 8 years later! Hopefully it's nothing concerning (like an ulcer) but be sure to follow up if you're concerned about it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Robyn R.
on 12/3/14 9:00 am - Bowmanville, Canada

I'm 10 months out & I'm a gurgler too. I'm sure I made all kinds of noises today during my gastroscopy

Referral Summer 2012, Orientation June 10/13 HRRH, Dr Hagen July 3/13, Dr Glazer, RN/RD/SW September 19/13, Dr Hagen October 10/13, Surgery January 21/14

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/370613/tickers/robynrne2b9ddd6b097c6ab0185ec57651b7f22.png?1392080601

HW 290  Opti Start Weight 280.9  Surgery Weight 264.8 CW 207

Wendy-Louise
on 12/3/14 9:09 am - Canada

I am 5 weeks out and my stomach has been making a lot of noise since the surgery. Sometimes I open my mouth to speak or yawn and this strange growl or gurgle comes out. Gross! On a good note my grandson thinks its awesome he laughs everytime.

Lorieliz
on 12/4/14 12:09 am - Canada

18 months...my children make fun of my tummy noises

Can be very amusing as long as you are almost all alone - the look on my dogs face is worth the admission

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Most Active
Recent Topics