What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 12/14/14 2:29 pm

Good morning everyone.  I went to bed early and woke up early, lol.  Now I will have to have a nap before I really start my day.  I'm trying to be quiet so that I don't wake DH.  Today I will be swimming, doing paper work, and continuing to sort out the basement.  

Yesterday I ate way too much at the buffet. It was all protein, salmon, crab, smoked salmon, poached eggs, but everything seemed to be going down well and all of a sudden I felt stuffed.  The ride home was very uncomfortable.  Let's hope I learned my lesson because I have another buffet to go to in a week.  This was the first time in months that I overdid it.  I guess my estimation of how much I was eating was way off.

4 months post op (almost 5)

B. Chike protein coffee before and after swimming

S. Greek Yogurt

L. A half of a tuna salad sandwich with Bakers Deluxe Dream Rye Bread

S. A bit of turkey and small amount of mashed potato and gravy

D. Salmon Pinwheel

S. Fit Frappe Protein Hot Chocolate

MFP Calories 1012, Carbs 92, Fat 32, Protein 103

Have a good day everyone

Monica9811
on 12/14/14 6:08 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I went to bed too early as well. Been up since 3am. Where do you buy your fit frappe protein hot chocolate?

crqvingchange
on 12/15/14 8:57 am

I got my Fit Frappe from the States, but you should be able to special order it from the Low Carb Grocery as they sell the Fit Frappe Protein Mocha and I'm sure if you call they can get in the hot chocolate on their next order from Netrition

Monica9811
on 12/15/14 9:27 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Thank you!

birdiegirl
on 12/14/14 6:41 pm

RNY  5 Years 8 Months Post Op

Morning

Busy day ahead - not going to be the best eating day carb wise and yes I am going to have that bagel at my favorite bagel joint. 

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake with 1 small banana blended in

S  - Cinnamon raisin bagel with cinnamon apple cream cheese

L - 2 oz chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce

S - Pickled beets - Love Beets brand sweetfire marinade

D - 3.5 oz turkey breast

1/2 cup of mashed potatoes

1/4 cup of gravy

2 TB of splenda cranberries

S - Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,060,  Carbs - 134 Grams,  Fat - 24 Grams,  Protein - 81 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 6:46 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Cinnamon apple cream cheese - wow that sounds nice.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 6:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

I sincerely hope you went back to bed, CC! You learned a good eating lesson yesterday. It is very easy to eat a large amount of food over a couple of hours, one small bite at a time. It's akin to grazing and even though what you ate was protein, we can get quite a lot in over an extended period.

Off to work for the morning - this will be my first week going everyday. I was surprised (and glad) that I wasn't feeling tired by the end of last week but it hit me Friday night and all of a sudden I was exhausted and felt tired for a lot of the weekend. lol Up and at 'em today! have to run a couple of errands this afternoon, might meet my bestie for a coffee later, not sure what else.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek 50, halo orange

L - 1/2 cup tuna salad (tuna, green onion, mayo), 1 slice whole grain toast, sliced cucumber on the side

S - Chike protein iced coffee OR more tuna salad on top of cucumber slices

D - 3 oz BBQ chicken, tzatziki for dipping, a few bites of tomato/cucumber/onion salad with black olives and a sprinkle of feta

S - likely just tea with a little milk

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

birdiegirl
on 12/14/14 6:55 pm

YUP - Grazing is the kiss of death for WLS!

Not surprised you were exhausted - likely emotionally as well.  Glad you are getting back into the swing of things.

...and yes - cinnamon apple cream cheese on a cinnamon raisin bagel is as glorious as it sounds!.....and I am surprised my calories came out as low as they did when I add that 400 calorie / 60 carb grams piece of heaven.  I told my DH I would go once with him over Christmas ....going to enjoy it !

Karen M.
on 12/14/14 7:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Omg yes, enjoy it!

And you're right re. emotionally too. I found myself ruminating about work several times near the end of last week and had to put a hard stop to it. I just keep reminding myself how thrilled I am to be able to be there. :)

Karen

kellybelly333
on 12/14/14 10:27 pm - Toronto, Canada

Health is the best present. I have to keep reminding myself that....as I reach for the chocolate ;-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics