Opti has its upsides...

Ivanova8
on 12/18/14 8:55 am - Toronto, Canada

It's nice to hear an upside to Opti-fast.  I've read so much negative stuff about it I'm so not looking forward to it.  I start on the 29th and I'm really kind of dreading it.  

Thanks so much for posting a positive Opti experience! 

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

msmuggins
on 12/18/14 10:18 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I think all of us find the unknown scary -- and i certainly had a reaction to starting Opti.  And I had my own little 2-day pity party while I choked down my first few shakes, so don't feel badly if you feel like the initial days are awful.  It truly does get better.  As I was walking home from work tonight, I felt amazing.  Better than I have in a long, long, time.  I had lots of energy, my mind felt clear and I didn't feel hungry.  Even the optis tasted better today.  Not that this whole shake thing isn't going to get old by the time Day 21 rolls around, but there are really some good things about being on Opti.  I had coworkers eating timbits in front of me and I didn't even feel a quiver of interest in eating.  It was amazing, it was like some body snatcher had replaced the old sugar-crazy me with a totally new person.  I know this is the ketosis talking, but it was a pretty neat experience.  More good things are to come!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Ivanova8
on 12/18/14 11:06 am - Toronto, Canada

I love it!  You're so upbeat.  

I've heard of how sugar can affect your body so I guess I'll get to see first hand when you go cold turkey off of it.  I hope I can be that crazy ketosis person talking in two weeks too!

Thanks for the encouragement.  I'll know where to go if I have a pity party.  I'm inviting you!  =)

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics