calcium

pink7sadie
on 6/30/15 6:10 pm

I tried to search this but the search isn't working.  I'm 3 mos. post op.  I'm still on chewable calcium citrate.  Can I take the pill form yet?  (It's soooo complicated to get the chewable).  

If I can take the pill format what kind is best?  Hoping not to have to take a huge horse pill.

TIA!

REFERRED: June 19, 2013, ORIENTATION: September 23, 2013,1st SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. October 10, 2013 RN / SW / NUT: December 20, 2013 DR. GLAZER: January 7, 2014 2nd SW / NUT: February 14, 2013, 2nd SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. March 31, 2014, 2nd APPT. DR. GLAZER: February 4, 2015   PATTS: February 19, 2015 SURGERY: March 13, 2015

Karen M.
on 6/30/15 7:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You're likely fine to take the pill form - many people swallow pills straight out of surgery, but do check with your surgeon. If you're able, Citrical makes a smaller pill - Citrical Petite. You do have to take more of them likely though. Also, you could just crunch up the horse pill calcium - it doesn't taste like anything. There's also a liquid form you can take - Life Brand (Shopper's Drug Mart) or Wellesse (sold at Costco).

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dreamy74
on 7/2/15 8:29 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi pink

What Karen said.  And Life Brand does sell the Calcium Citrate liquid.  It's 1,000 mgs per dose (a teaspoon full) and it tastes like blueberry.  Personally I take 2 at a time of the Rexall Brand Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D.  It has 300 mgs of calcium citrate for each tablet and 200 IU of Vitamin D3.  I also chase it with a tablet of 250 mgs of magnesium as I find the added magnesium eases the constipation.  I have had no problems taking tablets and I started doing so once I was on soft foods after the liquid and pureed phases of the diet.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/3/15 2:09 pm - Windsor, Canada

There's also a chewable that many get the pharmacy to order in. I'm just not savvy on how to post pics so send me a message with your email and I can send it to you 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics